Desperate Times Equal Desperate Measures!

I entered the dark room. It didn't surprise me that it was dark. Not after Bethany's shocking new image.

Stupid robot!

I scanned the room, noting everything down in my little scrappy notebook. Nothing pretty interesting except, all black. Hmm... I'm going to have to move this up a notch. Maybe if I check under the bed?

An image suddenly flashed in my head like an alarm system. I can see it! Bethany, the real Bethany, tied up and gagged!

I imagined her struggling, trying to desperately grab my attention. This sent my hair upright!

"Don't worry! I'll help you!" I assured Bethany. I imagined her calming down now.

I bent down and - OW! I hit my arm against the plain black wall. Grr - it bloody hurts!

I rubbed my elbow. OK, so there isn't any sign of blood dribbling down, but still, it hurts like Hell!

BUT, how can we be so sure what Hell feels like? MAYBE, it's even worse than this! WOAH... If this isn't Hell, then I don't even want to find out what it is!

I glared at the wall and slapped it, my hands spread wide out. It was only a gentle tap but the whole room started to shake. Have I really hurt the wall that hard?

I started to feel guilty because I could hear the wall groaning. I apologized sincerely, hoping for forgiveness but then something amazed me...

A door was rising out of the ground, pushing itself out. It's like a plant being born! Well most plants being born. Don't ask me why they never grow for me. Apparently something to do with me over-watering it, or whatever. Anyway, there, right there is the answer to my problem!

The big metal door!

Just at that precise moment, the bedroom door sprang open. It obviously got kicked. Poor door.

Bethany stomped in angrily and stood there quivering with rage.

"YOU." She shouted, pointing her sharp fingers directly at me, "- LIED!"

I noticed that this probably wasn't the best time to ask her if she's a robot. I wouldn't want her to have too much to deal with! It's really stressed, when you have to handle many things in your hand all at once! Trust me, I should know.

"Maybe he left." I suggested but, of course, it wasn't the truth as he was never there in the first place, so I didn't expect her to believe me.

I didn't think she'd kick me out of her room!

********************************************************

I lay in bed and kept my eyes firmly open. I know I was being unfair to my body that really needs rest, but like I said, desperate times equal desperate measures.

That's when I heard the bed creak and the sound of the window opening.

It was either Bethany sneaking out or Bethany sneaking someone in.

The way I see it, both were truly awful. If Bethany was gone she could do anything without me noticing! But then again, if Bethany stayed with all her robotic friends... well isn't it obvious? They'd get ideas if they see Mum or Dad walking about in the late night.

I had to get to her somehow without her realizing! Maybe I should disguise myself as a robotic Goth too!

Brilliant idea, Lee!

But... there's just one teeny problem.

Where do I get the dark makeup and the Gothic outfit?!?

Think, Lee, think!

Of course! Bethany's bound to have tons of outfits and makeup kits. There's just that risk of her in her room.

So, what can I do?

I know! I'll listen v-e-r-y carefully and try to make out any sounds. If I can't hear anything, then I'll know for sure she's not there. But, if I do hear her then... I'll think of something.

I pulled on both my earlobes, exercising them before they get to work. Then, I rest them gently against Bethany's door and listened carefully.

"Be there. Tomorrow night. Same place. Same time."

... That voice. Sounds familiar!

"OK, are you sure they won't mind?"

Dang! That's Bethany. Ugh! What am I going to do?

I decided to pull away and think of something else, when all of a sudden...

"Let's go, love."

"OK, Stephen."

I hate the way she said that name. Must be his name, whoever she's talking to. Then it hit me, it must be the same guy I heard her talk to earlier on!

Is Stephen the guy she's coo-coo for? Omigod, I hope not! He sounds like a proper... OK, look his voice is way more dangerous than...

A DRAGON!

Dragon's have a dangerous loud roar. His voice is wa-ay dangerous. Mind you, dragons are way louder. Not as loud as Plump though!

Plump... I wonder how she's getting on. I hope she's still not upset about what happened. What did happen? People think it's my fault she got angry but personally I think it's their fault! They were the ones that burst out laughing, they were the ones that wouldn't listen to her, and they were the ones that didn't praise her incredible voice! Maybe, I should go and see her sometimes and try to f-

What's that sound?

... It sounds like the wall. Y'know, when I hit it, gently, then it groaned? And then a weird door appeared?

Oh yeah! That door! I still haven't found out what it contains. I strongly believe that the door will provide answers!

Maybe, just maybe, that's where Bethany hid her weapon?

It's making sense now! I HAVE to get to that door, like right now! Good thing I can't hear any more odd sounds. I think they've gone!

Ace!