Chapter 23 See you later

Miles POV

This was it. The day had finally come.

"Flight 206, special flight class B Royal Navy basic trainees, gates will be closing in 15 minutes. This is a reminder, the plan we take off in exactly 30 minutes." I listened to the announcement and sat down in my chair. I watched as Frankie, Winston, my mom, Tristan's parents, Anya, Owen, Maya, Lexi, and Zoe crowded together as they watched Hope babble.

"She's starting to look a lot like Miles," my mom said. "There's the Hollingsworth eyes, yes there it is!" Tristan's parents exchanged glances and chuckled. Zoe walked over to me and smiled .

"He's not coming, is he?" I asked her. She shook her head.

"He's just having a hard time dealing. You know him. He'd come if he could handle it and you know he can't." I stared at her, nodding in agreement. He couldn't handle it. He couldn't see me leave. I understood.

"You know, I remember the first time he and I met...I swear, I mean...I was pretty confused but I felt an instant connection," I told Zoe. She chuckled as she shook her head.

"I remember that day. He wouldn't stop obsessing," she smiled at me. "You guys are gonna get through this. Okay? Don't even worry about it,"

"Zoe," I started. Don't cry. I told myself. "I've decided that after my training I'll come by for a month or so spend time with Tris and Hope. But I've decided that after I'll be leaving for active," Zoë wasn't surprised. She always knew me. And even though we haven't really gotten along, I've come to know and love her like as if she was my sister.

"Just...be safe at all times. Okay? And don't do anything stupid! Make sure you just...ugh! I told myself I won't cry! Miles, you bitch!" Zoe's tears fell. She groaned as she tried to save her make up from smudging. I chuckled, shaking my head. All the emotions I was feeling, I couldn't believe that this was it.

"Come here, you." I pulled her in for a hug and she sighs heavily as she started to sob. Frankie walks over to us and smiles.

"Okay, my turn now Zoe," she says with a smile. Zoë looks at and nods as she walks back to the others. My sister sat beside me, crying instantly. She buried his face in her hands and I wrapped my arms around her.

"Hey, hey. It's gonna be okay, Franks. I'll back before you know it," I try to comfort her. She shakes her head.

"You will always be my brother. But just be safe, okay? Don't do stupid things,"

"Geez," I say. "What's up with people thinking I'm gonna do something stupid? I'm a dad, married to the most
Amazing guy and father to one of the most beautiful girls," Frankie sighed.

"We just want you to take care of yourself, Miles. Trouble always finds you, and you know that," I agreed with her. For the past few years, I've done stupid things and crazy stuff. I realize now that I finally had to grow up.

"I love you," she tells me as traces my outer jaw. I sigh. I was gonna miss her. She's my little sister.

"Just make sure that no guys hurts you because...by the time I come back, I'll kick their asses," I joke. Frankie shakes her head in utter laughter as she heads to them. I look at my clock and sigh. I hoped that he'd come last minute. Just maybe, he'd be running through those doors.

"Gates will be closing for the special flight 206 class B Royal Navy trainees in 7 minutes,"

I took a deep breath and sighed. He wasn't coming. This was it. I walked over to my family. They all looked at me, each one of them having their own expression. My mom, Frankie, and Tristan's mom all had their hands over their chests.