Chapter 7 Gender

Author's note: Hi babes! I hope yall are enjoying the book! I love u :D

Tristan's POV

I sat in the examination room with Miles. He stood beside me and held my hand. This was it. I felt nervous and scared. I hoped that everything was just fine.

"Are you okay?" Miles asked me. I didn't know how to answer that question.

"No..." I replied. "I feel like it's my fault that something's wrong with the baby..." I began to tear and quickly rubbed my eyes. Miles knelt down in front of me on both knees and stared into my eyes. His eyes were breathtaking. It was like I was in a trance.

"It's not your fault, Tris. Whatever is wrong with our baby, was God's plan. We are blessed either way, okay?" He tried to make me feel better and it felt a bit.

"You know, I didn't think you believed in God,"

"What makes you say that?" he asked. Miles wasn't one to talk about his spiritual beliefs. He's tried coming to church with me but he's always so quiet. I figured he was atheist because he didn't react to anything in church. He just say there like a zombie.

"I guess because we never really talked about it," I said. He chuckled as he folded him arms.

"Well to be honest, I didn't at first. But I do now,"

I stared at him, feeling confused. This was something I didn't know about him. I've been with him for almost 2 years and I've felt like I was learning something new about him each day. We waited for a good 15 minutes but still the doctors weren't here.

"The accident, Tris," Miles turned to me. The accident? Right. The accident that nearly cost me my life. I looked down at my phone and sighed.

"When you were in critical condition, I kept telling myself that you'll be alright. And then I saw your mom cry. She kept crying and she kept saying please God...please God. Then when the doctor told us that you were crashing..." He paused. "I couldn't think straight. I couldn't breathe, Tris. I couldn't handle the thought of loosing you.." I could see him start to choke up. Tears were building in him but he managed to keep a straight face.
That's how strong I knew he was.

"So I prayed. Even when I didn't know how, I prayed my hardest...and here you are, having my baby. You're here with me and I have God to thank for that..." I felt my heart sink. I didn't know this side of Miles. I have never seen this side of Miles. He was...hopeful. The doors opened and 4 doctors appeared. Miles cleared his throat as the doctors exchanged glances.

"Hello Mr. Milligan and Mr. Hollingsworth, how are you both feeling today?" one doctor asked.

"We're just...nervous.."

The doctor in dark blue scrubs nodded. She sat beside me and held my hand. "Well I am Dr. Montgomery, I am the head of Prenatal and Neonatal surgery here at St. Michael's. That's Dr. Alex Karev, the head of Pediatrics, Dr. Christina Yang, head of cardiothoracics, and that beautiful, young pregnant lady over there is our Chief of General Surgery, Dr. Meredith Shepherd," I looked at all of them and realized how good looking my team of doctors were. I seen Miles staring at Dr. Montgomery.

"Addie, you're pushing your luck." Dr. Shepherd grinned. "Tristan, we have here your labs and x-rays from the clinic," the other two doctors posted up the x-rays and dimmed the lights in the room.

"Okay so we found out that baby has a congenital heart defect... what this means is that there is something abnormal within the walls of the heart," she explained as she turned to Dr. Yang.

"We listened to the ultrasound audio so many times and we didn't catch it at first. After analyizing your laps and X-rays, along with the ultrasound, we have concluded that your baby has Coactation of the Aorta. COA," I was confused. Dr. Yang started looked at me.