Chapter 2 The OBGYN

Authors note: Did you guys like the last chapter? Hope y'all enjoy this one!💙thank you for all your support!

Miles' POV

It was 8:35am and I was waiting for Tristan at school. I scheduled his appointment for 9:30 but some stupid nurse at the office said that she heard 9. So here I am, waiting for my boyfriend.

"Hey..." Zoë greeted. I smiled, reminding myself to be civil. Zoë and I hadn't really talked much. We just weren't fond of each other but we tried to hide it as much as possible because of Tristan.

"Zoë," was all I said. She stood beside me for a while. It looked like she was waiting for something. I cleared my throat and stared at her.

"Do you need something?" I asked her. She shook her head.

"I'm just waiting for Tristan. I'm following him to his appointment." What the hell?! You've got to be fucking kidding me.

"Um, I don't think that's necessary. We can manage on our own," I replied coldly. Zoë scoffed.

"Sorry but you don't get to decide what I do, Hollingsfreak. I'm Tristan's best friend so of course I'm coming," Zoë shot back at me. Seriously. This wasn't her business. Not long after, Tristan came. He had a coffee in his hand and I immediately grabbed it from him.

"What are you doing with this?" I asked him. Zoë glared at Tristan.

"You can't drink caffeinated beverages, Tris! Think of the baby! God, you're so selfish!" Zoë slapped his arm. Tristan slapped her back. Good job, babe.

"Well sorry if I don't know what it's like it's my first...time to get pregnant," Tristan started to cry. He walked towards me and I held him.

"Nice going, bitch." I hissed. She rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"Come on, you two. We're gonna be late.."

We arrived at the clinic and there were 3 cars in the parking lot. Thank god it wasn't busy. The faster we got done the less chances we had of getting caught by someone.

"Miles isn't that your moms Range Rover?" Tristan said as I parked my car. I looked out the window and my eyes widened. But it couldn't be. She was at work. I would've known if she was coming here. I shook my head and held Tristan's hand. He looked so beautiful. His skin was glowing and his nose was all puffy. He kinda looked like a cute little panda.

We walked into the clinic and Zoë sat on one of the chairs. Tristan sat down and began to bite his nails.

"Stop that." I told him.

"I can't I'm really nervous...don't you fee-" Tristan looked up almost as if he's seen a ghost. I look towards the direction he was looking at only to see my mom. My eyes widened.

"Okay, Mrs. Hollingsworth, so that's all your medication. You come back here in 2 months for a checkup and a refill, okay?" The receptionist said as she handed my mom a form. I tried to hide my face behind Tristan's back but it was too late. She saw Tristan and her eyes immediately were locked on me. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.  I'm dead.

"Uh...hi honey, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in school?" My mom asked as she took a seat near me.

"Tristan Milligan and Miles Hollingsworth," a nurse called out. Tristan stood up and Zoë followed him. They waited for me.

"Oh...now why are you two getting a check up together? Is there something I should know about?" My mom crossed her arms and I stood up scratching my head. Think of something, anything. Hurry before she gets mad! Just say anything that comes to fucking mind MILES!

"Geez, mom okay. Tristan and I have been...having...lots of erotic...sex like a lot... Like so much butt sex and we do it like every day... I just thought it'd be a good idea to talk about all the dangers of it and about how we can protect ourselves," I told her. The people waiting beside me chuckled and so did Tristan and Zoë.

"Oh...I um.."

"I didn't wanna tell you about it because I'd at least like to keep my sex life private since you basically know everything else." I lied. She pulled me in for a hug. Wow, I think she bought it.

"I'm gonna go...and uh...I'm proud that you're thinking of you guys is safety. Keep it up..." my mom said awkwardly as she headed for the door. Once she left I let out a sigh of relief.

"Nice one, genius. Now you're mom thinks you're some kind of sex crazy teenager," Tristan giggled. I held his hand and pinched his face.

"Yeah well...lets get this appointment over with, shall we?"

Tristan's POV

That was literally one of the most awkward and hilarious encounters with Miles' mom that I have ever experienced. Well, there was that one time she caught us having sex and she nonchalantly said sorry boys get back to it.

The OBGYN squeezed the petroleum jelly on her latex glove and rubbed it on my stomach. Holy shit, it's freezing cold. I took a deep breath as I stared at Miles and Zoë. This is it. The moment of truth.

"How have you been feeling today, Tristan?" She asked ask as she put the ultrasound probe on my tummy.

"Been nauseous and I always need to pee. Is that normal?" I asked. She smiled as she continued to move the prob in circles.

"It is. Most of the men that get checked out here don't come for prenatal till they're almost due. Because they're..."

"Ashamed?" I continued her sentence. She typed something in her computer then continued with the probe.

"Because they don't want so much attention drawn to them. Hey there's something quite surprising about you..." she started to say. Miles leaned forward.

"What is?" He asked. The OBGYN turned to him.

"Well, for one thing, you are...pregnant. Congratulations,"

"Thanks," I replied.

She handed me a flier on good parenting, post partum depression, and MAWIC.

"So I've detected some murmurs. Nothing big, just small but unfortunately, we're just a clinic so I'm going to have to refer you to St. Michael's. I'm going to refer you to the OBGYN there and then they'll direct you to your next step. In the mean time, maybe we can schedule you for another appointment in let's say 3 days? To draw some blood. It's protocol to get some and send it to to the labs..." I nodded at everything she said and turned to Miles. His face was as lit up as the fireworks on the Fourth of July.

"So wait...my boyfriends pregnant? I want proof..." Miles told her. She nodded and placed the probe on my tummy again. This time she was still. She turned up the volume on her computer and we heard a whooshing sound.

"What's that?" Miles asked as he stepped forward. The OBGYN smiled.

"That's baby's heart beat, you said you wanted proof." I could see in the corner of my eye Zoë who was smiling. Not as big as I was though. Miles was smiling, too. A baby's heart beat is honestly the most beautiful thing I've ever heard.

"Wow...that's amazing. So I'm gonna be a dad?" The OBGYN nodded and I swear it was like Miles had won the lottery. He looked so happy. I was happy too but what did this mean? Was my life gonna be different? Or would I still be able to do the things I planned on doing?

Miles held my hand and I smiled at him as we continued to listen to the sound of our baby's heart beat.