Chapter 17 Prom BITCHES!!! Part 1

Author's note: Hey guys! Well it's been a great read and this book is almost coming to an end!!!! Should I continue? Hahaha! Well enjoy this ;)

Miles POV

It's been a month since I've sworn in. I'm leaving for training in a few weeks. It sucks that I won't be here for Hope's birthday. I tried my best to extend it till after her birthday but they've already told me that my time was up. Anyways,
Tonight is prom. I don't know why I was feeling nervous. Maybe because of the senior superlatives. I've been going to classes every day for the past two weeks and people have noticed. It sucks how Tristan won't be able to come. Hope has a bad fever. I come home after applying an admin leave. I seen Tristan laying on the couch as he holds out daughter. He is close to falling asleep. I slowly took Hope from him and kissed her forehead. I slowly put her in her crib. I grab a pillow and put Tristan's feet up. I get a blanket to put over him and just as I was about to put up the blanket, he woke up.

"Hey," I said softly as he started to open his eyes. Tristan's eyes widened as his eyes searched for some our daughter.

"Oh my god, where's Hope? I swear I was just hol-"

"She's asleep. Don't worry," I said. "Prom is gonna suck without you, you know that right?" He nodded sadly as he stood up and sat on my lap.

"I wonder if I got a superlative," he said. I chuckled as I patted his back for him to get up. I laid on the couch and pulled him on top of me. He rested his head on my chest and sighed.

"I don't care about those superlatives, Tris. I was hoping I'd get to dance with you," I told him. Tristan and I have had such a stressful year. We deserved a little night out but it was just hard because his parents were always busy with meetings so no one could watch Hope.

"We can dance now?" Tristan's face lit up. "Oh come on, it'll be fun," I shook my head as he got off me and extended his hand. I took it and got up. We went in the kitchen and stood there awkwardly staring at each other.

"So what now?" I asked. "I've never really danced before. Maybe when I was younger but that's such a long time ago," Tristan bit the tip of his fingers and smiled. He took both of my hands and guided them to his hips. I could feel myself turning red and he noticed.

"You're super tomato," he said laughing. "Are you feeling okay or..." I was feeling okay but I just felt nervous. I don't know what was with me today. Tristan put up some music. It was some soft, melody. Then I knew. Thinking out loud, by Ed Sheeran.

"Wow, it's been a while since I've heard this song," I told him. He nodded and our eyes met. I swear as the days go by,
I felt my feelings for Tristan grow stronger and stronger. The twinkle in his eye still made my heart beat fast. I winked at him and he immediately looked away smiling.

"I always knew that made you nervous. When I wink, it's uh, kinda cute, actually," I snickered. He rolled his eyes and put his hands around my neck. I pulled his body closer to me and I could smell the sweet scent of his breath.

"There," I whispered. "Up close and personal," I smiled at him and stared at his face. He was breathtaking. We leaned our heads to each other. This was nice. It felt nice to have moments again like this. I was happy with him and with our little family. Never in a million years would I have thought that this would be us. I've pictured us having children and getting married but didn't expect it to be this soon. But it's fine. I was glad it happened the way it did. It has made our family stronger.
We continued to dance to the sound. Tristan slowly pulled away and looked up at me.

"So when do you wanna have the wedding?" I asked him. He shrugged.

"Ugh I've wanted it for a while but it's a lot of planning and I'm just so tired all the time like...I don't think we're ever getting married to be honest," I stared at him and thought that he was right. We were just always so busy.

"Maybe it'd be best if we got married a not tell anyone," I suggested.

"You mean like elope? Miles, that's super crazy. They'll all be so mad..." this was true but if we ever wanted to get married then it had to be like this. Right? There are so many things I wanted to do but so little time. Knock knock. We both turned around as we heard the door knob turn up. Tristan rushed to see who it was and gasped. I walk over to him and see Owen standing in the doorway smiling.

"Brother," he says as he pulls Tristan in a hug. I walked towards Anya and kissed her cheek. She chuckled.

"Miles Hollingsworth, you are too handsome. If only you weren't gay...." she said playfully as she bit her lip. I winked at her and laughed.

"What are you guys doing here? Thought you'd be half way across the world already?" Tristan said,m. Owen let go of his brother and sighed.

"Well mom told me that your prom was tonight and that you couldn't go because Hope's sick," I exchanged glances between the two.

"Yeah...but Miles is going so it's fine. I have some last minute work to turn in," Owen raised his eyebrow and shook his head.

"Are you sure you wouldn't wanna go to prom?" He said with a smile. I watched Tristan as he stared at his brother in confusion. Anya groaned.

"Lets go get you ready!!! You're going to prom!" She pulls Tristan and heads for the stairs. Tristan stood and turns around.

"Thanks Owen. I owe you," he says and I could tell her was sincere. I turn to Owen who nodded. I watched as Tristan and Anya rushed upstairs.

"Thanks," I tell him. He scoffed.

"I didn't it for my brother, Miles." He says as he makes his way into the kitchen. "Not for you," I nodded as followed him.

"Can I borrow your car?" I asked. He opened the fridge and sighed.

"Sure but if it comes back with so much as a scratch, I'll kill you," he took out the keys from his pocket and I walked over to get them. As I was about to take them from him, he snatched them away quickly.

"Take care of my brother tonight, got it?" I swallowed hard and nodded. He gave me the keys and shut the ice box door. Even though things between Owen and I were still heated, I still had respect him. He was my fiancées brother and I had no problem with him what's so ever. So long as he didn't come between Tristan and I. I looked at my watched and smiled. 2 more hours till prom. I wen upstairs to see Anya and Tristan giggling in Tristan's parents room.

"Babe?" I say I saw slowly push the door. Anya rushed to me and slammed the door in my face.

"SORRY Miles!!! You can't see him yet! Not till later!!!" I leaned my head to the door and sighed. I loved Tristan so much and this door was the only thing keeping me away from him. I went in Tristan's room and stared at the mirror. Time to bake. It's prom night and I had to look good. And then an idea sparked in my head.