Chapter 1 Two Lines

Tristan's POV

4 and a half months of sickness, fatigue, and weight gain has led me to this point in life. I didn't know but I had a feeling. I know. Pretty contradicting of me.

I stared at the stick with the two lines on it thinking what did I get myself into. I'm a 17 year old in high school. How could I possibly get pregnant? I was smarter than this. I was so scared to tell anyone. Mum would be ecstatic. She wanted grand children and she's been on Owen's back lately about giving her some. Miles wouldn't react too well or so I thought. But the person I was so scared for to find out was Owen. He didn't like Miles. And Miles had himself to thank for that. Anyway, if he found out that I was pregnant, the first thing he'd do is get a gun and go on a full out Hollingshunt.

I headed downstairs and I see that my mom was making grilled cheese. Yuck. The smell of the cooked cheddar and jack made me nauseous. I decided to grab an apple from the fridge and some milk. Figured that I should start eating healthy. My dad walked in and took his usual place at the table.

"Morning everyone," he greeted. I looked at my mom to see that she hadn't acknowledged his greeting. My dad cleared his throated and stared at my mom. The air was thin. I sipped my milk.

"So Tristan, who's bringing you to your check up today?" My mom asked. I choked on my milk and started to cough. What did she just ask me?

"Excuse me, what did you say?" Oh my God, did she know.

"Your physical appointment, Tristan. The one we have every middle of the school year?" She raised an eyebrow. I let out a sigh of relief. That was a close one, really.

"I'll bring him," my brother said as he entered the kitchen in his uniform. I got up and hugged him. It had been a while since he gave us a surprise visit. I mean, the army is strict but he should still be able to see his family every now and then.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him. "Aren't you suppose to be on like active duty or whatever?"

"I was but I got a call saying that they want me to stay in Toronto for a bit longer." Owen smiled as he hugged mom and dad. Fuck.

"Wow, that's um...are you sure you don't wanna go super far away? Like...Antarctica?" I asked him. He raised his eyebrow at me.

"Is there something you're hiding from me Tristan?" I looked down at my phone. Crap. I was gonna be late.

"Would you look at the time! Well, I'd love to chat with you, I really would but I have to get to school. Bye," I rushed upstairs to get my things and was out of the door.

Isn't this just great? As if I didn't have enough to worry about. My brother was smart. He always knew if I was hiding something. I couldn't hide this pregnancy from him even if I tried.
I started the car and backed off my drive way when someone stupid person stood behind the trunk of my car. The person opened the door and got in. Zoë Rivas, my best friend.

"Bitch, I could've killed you!" I told her. She rolled her eyes.

"So what's the 911?" Zoë asked. "It had to be super urgent because you sent the red circle emoji." I took a deep breath. This was it. She was my best friend and one of the few people I trusted. I had to tell her.

"Zoë, I'm pregnant..." I waited for a response. She stared at me. She wasn't mad nor was she happy.

"You found out when exactly? I mean for all we know it could be a misread on the pregnancy test," she said.
She did have a point but I did feel different. I mean I'd know if I was pregnant. I wouldn't make this kind of thing up.