Tsukkiyama

The oars were dragged through the dark blue water, creating a comfortable noise that Tsukishima could always appreciate. The hills in the distance gave him a melancholic feeling.
Yamaguchi, who was seated on the opposite side facing him, was chewing on his lunch. The smell of egg infiltrated the blonde haired boy's nose, making him cringe.
"That stinks" he muttered and furrowed his brows. Yamaguchi nodded and gave a genuine smile in return, "sorry, Tsukki".

And so, the silence returned, making the dark haired boy agitated. Once he had eaten, he fidgeted with his fingers and averted his eyes everywhere except from Tsukishima.
The blonde sighed.
"What?" He demanded and raised a brow.
Yamaguchi shook his head furiously and waved his hands.
"Nothing, Tsukki! It's just... I... there is something I wanted to tell you today, but I don't know how"
The taller of the two groaned, "just spit it out already, how bad can it be?".

Just the fear of you abandoning me and hating me forever... Yamaguchi thought, his eyes watering.

"I think I know what you want to tell me"
"Huh?"
The freckled boy scratched his cheeks in confusion, his brows crumbled together.

"It's kinda obvious, ya' know?" He said, his voice monotone and uninterested. As if nothing fazed him at all.
Yamaguchi on the other hand, felt completely opposite. He felt as if a knife had pierced through his ribcage.

"Oh, I understand that-" Yamaguchi began, but was interrupted.
"And I reciprocate your feelings".
What?

Yamaguchi stared in silence as his mouth hung agape.
He tried to speak, but no coherent sentence came out.

Tsukishima understood that his best friend was confused, making him roll his eyes.
"I mean, I love you, idiot"

And with that Yamaguchi fell out of the boat in shock, making the blond soaked in water.
"What the-?!"
The dark haired male, who was doing everything he could not to sink deep down into the water, was grinning from ear to ear.
His cheeks reddened, Tsukishima didn't know if it was tears on his face or water droplets.

"I love you too, so much" he cried out, holding his hands tight on the edge of the boat.
Tsukishima was filled with need to lean toward the other boy and peck him on the lips, but chose to wait until a more appropriate time.
"Let's get you back into this boat before you get a cold, idiot"

A/N: this chapter was so rushed, sorry!!! I didn't know what to write and had zero percent inspiration, I hope this is good enough though.