(18) Break Up

*James*
[3 Days Later]

  I turned on my computer, ready to record some footage. Aleks was at home, recording his own series with Eddie. I brought up Happy Wheels and tested my microphone. Just as I was about to begin, I heard the doorbell ring. I let out a groan in frustration and pushed away from my desk, making the short trip down the hall to the front door. I swung open the door. "What!?" I stared in shock at the person in front of me. She wore a pink t-shirt and light blue jeans, with hot pink high heels. Her hair was platinum blonde, almost white, and her eyes were a shocking crystal blue. "Tri-Trisha?"

  "James! Oh, James, it's so good to see you!!" She smiled big and wrapped her arms around my neck.

  "What are you doing here? How'd you find me?" I questioned. She pulled away from our hug.

  "I called the house and some guy picked up, and he gave me your address. I told him I was an old friend," She let herself inside, and strutted into the living room, her heels clacking on the hardwood. "Wow... Look at this place!!" She sat on the couch. I followed her, and ran my hands through my hair, sitting next to her.

  "Trisha I don't know what to say-"

  "I came to apologize. Baby, I miss you. I feel so shitty about what I did... You didn't deserve it. I'm sorry, James, I'm so sorry." She hugged me again. I didn't respond. "Please take me back, James. Please..."

  "Why did you come here?" I grit my teeth.

  "To see you, I already told you..."

  "You know, what you did was really fucked. Do you know how upset I was? How long I hurt because of you?" I felt my throat tighten, but swallowed down my tears.

  "I.. I know, baby, I know. But I've changed..."

  "You can't just... just change, Trisha."

  "But I have, James. Please, listen-" She took my hands in hers. I hated seeing her stupid, cheating face... But she was so beautiful, so precious... I looked away from her. "I love you. I don't know what I was thinking... But I just know I love you and I want to be with you." I looked back at her. Worry covered her face.

  "....It's been 4 years, Trisha-"

  "Exactly, James..." She pulled me closer, and kissed me. I stiffened and let out a muffled cry. She kept kissing me, leaning deeper into the kiss. What am I doing? Why am I letting her do this? I'm with Aleks! Stop kissing her, James! Stop! Don't give in! You're in love with Aleks! I squeezed my eyes shut. Why can't you push her away!!?

  "James?" I froze, and Trisha pulled away from my lips. I turned and looked up. Aleks was standing in the doorway, tears in his eyes.

  "Aleks..." He pushed away from the doorframe and quickly ran to the front door. "Aleks!!" I followed him, and saw the front door wide open, and Aleks climbing into his Nissan. "Wait!!" He fled from the driveway, speeding down the street. I stood in the driveway, staring after him. What have I done.

*Aleks*

  I gripped the stirring wheel, grinding my teeth together. I won't cry... I won't let myself cry.... I stopped at a stoplight, waiting for it to turn green. I felt a tear drip from my eye, and I hiccuped, started the river of tears. I sobbed into the stirring wheel. I heard a honk behind me. I quickly looked up and pressed my foot on the gas pedal, zooming ahead, tears still rolling off my cheeks.

  I pulled into my apartments parking lot, and sprinted up the stairs, running into my house. "Aleks?" Eddie came out of his room, and his eyes widened in surprise when he saw my face. He rushed towards me. "Aleks, what's wrong," he wrapped his arms around me, and pulled me close. I let the tears flow harder than before. I gripped his shirt, and ignored his question. He pulled me over to the couch and sat. I buried my face into his shoulder. "Aleks, answer me. What happened," Eddie asked sternly.

  "I... I went to go see James and... And he was... Was sucking face with some... some... some chick!!" I whimpered into his neck. His hug tightened around my torso. I could feel his fingertips gripping my sides.

  "What." Eddie growled quietly. I cried harder into his neck, and pulled at the front of his shirt, sobbing uncontrollably. "Don't cry. It's okay, you're okay, Aleks..." He traced my spine with his thumb, and kissed the side of my forehead. I slid my arms around his neck, and he pulled me closer to him. "It's okay, Aleksandr..." I felt my tears start to dry, only letting small sniffles and hiccups leave my lips. I looked up at Eddie. He smiled down at me, and placed 6 little kisses on my forehead.

  "Thank you, Eddie..." I cuddled my head into his neck. "Thank you," He brought his legs up, and wrapped them around me. He pulled away and lifted my chin with his thumb and forefinger.

  "Hey," He wiped away the last of my tears away with his thumb. "I love you, dude."

  "I love you, too." I fell against his chest, and let a few more tears fall. There was a pounding on the front door, and me and Eddie both tensed.

  "Aleks! Aleks, please, let me explain!!" I heard James shout through the front door. I started sobbing again, and Eddie kept staring at the door. He pulled me into his chest as I cried.

  "Aleks!! Open the door!" He sounded hestarical. I pulled away from Eddie's neck.

  "Go awa-" Eddie clamped his hand over my mouth.

  "I've got it, Aleks!" He whispered harshly. I blinked a couple times to clear my blurry vision. "Stay here," He ordered and I nodded. Eddie unraveled me from his body and got up from the couch, striding toward the front door. "What do you want, James," Eddie huffed when he opened the door. I sniffed and wiped my tears, pulling my knees into my chest.

  "Please, just let me talk to Aleks, Eddie!" James shouted at him.

  "No, James!! Go!"

  "Move, Eddie!"

  "No! Fuck you!! What did I tell you!? If you do anything to Aleks ever again, I will kill you!!" Eddie yelled.

  "Fuck you, Eddie!" James pushed Eddie back, and Eddie grabbed James by the arm and threw him down. James grabbed Eddie's leg and pulled him down. Eddie fell on his knees and punched James across the face.

  "Eddie!! Stop!" I screamed. James pushed Eddie off of him and punched him 3 times in his chin. "Guys!!" I got up from the couch and ran to the two, who were still wrestling on the floor. I pulled Eddie off of James and blocked him from James.

  "Go home, James!" I shouted, tears running down my cheeks. Eddie was panting hard, and holding his cheek. His nose was bleeding, and his glasses were askew. I took a step back and stood next Eddie. "Just go!" Eddie gently pushed me back.

  "James... I think you should go," Eddie breathed. James shot Eddie a glare and stepped closer. I flinched and stepped closer to Eddie.

  "Aleks, please," James reached his hand out to me. His lip was puffed and bloody. I shook my head at him.

  "How could you do that to me, James? How could you?!" I cried. "I gave you my life! My virginity! You don't even care, do you!? I was just some clueless baby you could hurt!!" I heard Eddie gulp next to me. 

  "Aleks, listen-"

  "Just... Just go," I sobbed, and quickly turned to my room.

  "Aleks!" James shouted behind me. I slammed my bedroom door behind me, and fell on my bed. I heard more shouts, and the front door being shut. My bedroom door creaked open, and Eddie peeked in.

  "You okay, man?" Eddie shut the door behind him and sat beside me.

  "What did I do wrong, Eddie?" I whimpered into my hands. "What did I do wrong?" Eddie pulled me into his chest while I sobbed.