(3) Sick

*James*

   Eddie opened the fridge and grabbed a Mountain Dew, cracking it open. I sat at the kitchen table, looking over a few bills. "Gas bill, car bill, electric, water... how are we gonna pay these off in time?" I mumbled. Eddie shrugged. "We'll be fine, James. We get paid big cash for these videos. We'll have our check by the end of the week. Don't worry." I gave him a quick nod, and he started to leave. "Oh, and James? There isn't anymore Pepsi Max in the fridge. Aleks isn't gonna be very happy,"

   "I just went and bought a huge box a couple of days ago, how are they already gone?" Eddie whistled and turned around, and hurriedly walked away, towards his office. "You dick!!" I screamed after him. I got up and looked in the large fridge myself. He was right. There was no more Max. I heard the front door creak open, and slam shut. Footsteps echoed through the house, and then Aleks appeared at the end of the hall, his nose pink, his hair messy. He stripped off his coat, bag, and gloves. He looked sort of weak...

   "Toss me a Max," he mumbled, shuffling through his bag. "Um, we don't have anymore Max..." I said, leaning against the counter. Aleks looked up at me. "What?" he narrowed his eyes. Someone was grumpy. "I can go get you a bottle-"

   "No, it's cool. I'm going to my office," he huffed, pulling his bag over his shoulder and stomping to his room. He's such a child... I followed him to his office, opening the door. "Aleks?" Aleks was curled up in a big ball on his couch, cuddled in a big white blanket. I closed the door behind me as I stepped inside, and took a seat next to him. I rubbed my fingers through his hair, and he flinched. "Hey, what's wrong with you?" I brushed his bangs out of his eyes. He didn't respond, then threw his blanket off of him and ran to the bathroom, puking into the toilet. He coughed, and threw up again. The toilet flushed, and I heard him gurgling something. He came back out, sweat beading on his forehead. He leaned against the doorframe, and fell to his knees. "James, I'm not feeling so good..." I walked over to him and helped him up, and wrapped his blanket around him. He gulped, and sat in his computer chair as I pulled the futon out into a large bed. I grabbed two pillows from the closet, and threw them on the futon. Aleks got back up, unsteady, and fell on the futon, groaning. I hugged him gently, and kissed his forehead. He opened his eyes and looked up at me. His eyes looked tired, but were so beautiful. They were a deep brown, and small flecks of gold and amber danced around his iris. His breath was minty, showing he had gargled mouthwash. I kissed the corner of his mouth. He smiled weakly and coughed. I cuddled my head into his shoulder. "Want me to get you some Tums or somethin'?"

   "That's not going to help, stupid," he said grumpily, and rolled away from me, snuggling into a pillow. I laid next to him and pulled him close. "I love you," I whispered. He didn't reply, only coughed. We sat in silence, then I finally sighed and got up, heading towards the door. "James," I heard behind me. I turned my head, and looked back at Aleks. He still had his back to me, but his head was turned back, facing me. "Come back." I rolled my eyes and turned around. He blinked several times, and sniffled. My eyes widened. "Hey... hey, hey, hey, don't cry!" I ran towards him and cuddled into his chest. He let out small sobs. "I-I... feel... so awful, and I can't s-sleep... and I h-hate my life..." he cried, wiping his eyes with balled up fists. I kissed his neck several times, and pulled him up, hugging him close. His arms were awkwardly pushed to my chest, his hands up by my ears. He pressed his face against my cheek, and cried. "I'm gonna... I'm gonna fucking puke..." he blubbered. I quickly pushed him off me and ran to the bathroom, grabbed the trash can and setting it next to him. He vomited into the can, tears dripping from his nose. I sat down beside him and traced my finger along his spine. He shook from weakness and sickness, and coughed. I wiped his hair from his face. Sweat slid down his temple. He gripped my jeans, tugging on my knee slightly. Eddie then came bursting in the room. "James!" he stopped himself, and Aleks barfed again. I looked up at Eddie, annoyed. "What!?" Eddie stood in the doorway and watched as Aleks let tears drip into the can, blubbering inaudible words. Eddie pushed his glasses up on the bridge of his nose and looked at me. "D-dan wants you to Skype him..."

   "Well, tell him I'm busy!" I shouted. Eddie nodded, and hesitated before leaving the room. Aleks let out a strained laugh. "F-fucking Eddie," he chuckled, then laughed a bit louder. Soon, he was in a laughing fit. The corners of my mouth turned up into a smile and I laughed, too. We laughed and laughed. I held my stomach, feeling cramps from laughing so hard. Aleks stopped laughing and broke out into a coughing fit. I held him close as he coughed into his hand, and let out a shuddering breath. "I need some rest," he whispered. He laid back down, and I kissed his cheek. "Come get me if you need anything." I mumbled back, and left the room, closing the door softly behind me.