Chapter 7

Nick

I was in shock when I got home after being in the limo with Heather. I wasn't expecting Demi to be awake at all, let alone in the kitchen waiting for me. I wasn't expecting her to surprise me with a dinner. I felt horrible. Why hadn't I come home to her instead of going out with everyone? I was pretty drunk, so I wasn't comprehending, very well, what was happening. My head was so foggy right now. Demi had seen me act like a drunk jackass all night with Heather via photos online & she had seen me get out of the limo with Heather.

My mind went back to the limo just a few minutes before....

Heather kissed me & at first, I kissed her back, closing my eyes. The moment my eyes were closed, the limo felt like it was spinning & Demi's face flashed in my head. I saw her on our wedding day, smiling up at me, tears streaming down her cheeks as she promised to love me, faithfully, through good times & bad.

I stopped kissing Heather & pushed her off my lap. "I'm sorry, Heather. I can't do this. I love my wife. I can't hurt her like this."

Heather looked stunned & I looked away from her. I picked up her shirt & held it out to her. She took it, reluctantly. "Sorry. I probably shouldn't have done that."

"It's okay. Neither of us are thinking clearly right now." I took a deep breath as I looked out the dark window. My wife was inside, probably asleep & probably wearing the same thing I had left her in that morning. It didn't matter. I was going to love her through this. I wasn't giving up on her. I wouldn't give up on her until one of us stopped breathing.

"I hope this doesn't make things awkward with us." Heather said, moving to sit across from me, her shirt back in its right place.

"Nah. I'm just going to pretend this was a scene in our movie." I laughed & Heather smiled.

"That sounds like a plan. It was a scene that was cut from the final movie."

"Exactly. I made out with my agent in a limo after a party. It could easily have happened. " I laughed, then I took another deep breath. "I better go. I'll see you at the wrap party Saturday."

"Have a good night." She smiled.

I opened the door & got out. Heather got out behind me & I turned to face her.

"You may want to check yourself before your wife sees you." Heather said, smiling.

"Why?" I chuckled. "Do I have boob imprints on me?" I laughed even harder, mostly because I was nervous, & Heather threw her head back in a loud cackle.

"I saw some of my makeup & body glitter on your neck & shirt as you were getting out." Heather chuckled as she reached up to wipe something off my chin.

I smiled. "Thanks. I'll jump in the shower when I get inside. Demi will be in bed, anyway."

Heather stuck her lower lip out & reached up to hug me. "I wish you the best, Nick. You deserve it." She whispered in my ear.

Heather got in the car, then turned toward me, smiling. "I'm not telling anyone about this."

I bent down, chuckling. "Telling anyone what? The scene was cut, so it's like it never happened." I winked at her & then closed the door. I watched the limo pull away, then headed to my house. I was dreading what I would encounter inside.