Chapter 2

Demi

I was excited to spend our first holidays together since we got married. Nick & I were trying to figure out the big holidays & figure out who's family we'd spend them with. We also had career things that were going on, so we had a lot things to figure out. Nick was auditioning for a few movies & had a guest star spot on a popular television series. Luckily, it was shooting in Hollywood, so he didn't have to be away at all. I was working on my next album as well as planning a tour. I was in the studio quite a bit & sometimes worked on writing while I was at home. When I did that, if Nick was home, he'd write with me or give me ideas. I loved doing that with him. I loved his writing persona. He would say the sexiest things & make the sexiest noises with his mouth.  

Halloween was a pretty good start to the holiday season. Nick made me so happy when he got dressed up. We had a great time at the party, too. I was thinking I shouldn't have told Nick that I was tempted when he drank wine at home. I didn't want him to change anything in his life because of me. If he did, I'd be even more anxious because of the guilt. A few weeks after the Halloween party, a thought popped into my head. He hadn't had anything to drink since the party. He would almost always have a beer after a long day of working. I hadn't seen him do that in a while. Right now he was working on the television series. He was shooting two episodes, so he was working long days.  

Nick came home one evening as I was cuddled up on the couch watching tv. He sat on the couch next to me with a bottle of water in his hand. He leaned over & kissed my shoulder, since it was the closest part of me to him. 

"Water? No beer?" I asked, turning my head to really look at his face. 

Nick scrunched up his face & looked at the tv, shaking his head

Nick scrunched up his face & looked at the tv, shaking his head. "Nah. Don't feel like one tonight." 

"Or last night or the night before last." I pursed my lips at him. "In fact, I noticed the bottle of wine that was on the counter is gone. I also noticed there isn't even any beer in the fridge." 

"I haven't been in the mood for it." Nick as he shrugged. 

I turned myself so I was leaning on the arm of the couch. "Nicholas Jerry. I told you I didn't want you to give up drinking at home. I am fine." 

Nick didn't look at me. He just wrinkled his forehead as he continued to watch tv. I nudged him with my foot, making him jump, then he turn to look at me. "What?" 

"You heard me." I said, glaring at him. 

Nick inhaled, slowly. "I don't want you to be in pain." 

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not in pain. I just have to be a little stronger. Just takes a little more energy to keep the demons at bay." 

Nick let out a long, ragged breath. "I don't want that for you." He put his hand on my thigh. 

"But it's good for me. The more I do that then the easier it gets for me next time. It hardly bothers me at all anymore since we've lived together for over a year."