A Lifetime

In the picture box is Priscilla's gown and shoes, the bridesmaids dress, and the cake :) 

Priscilla walked down the aisle with her hair pulled back, her curls making waves, bang curled over her forehead and two curly tendrils hanging down, hair slicked back into a bun and knotted, held together with bobby pins.

Scott had asked her to wear a veil, so her mother had made sure to fasten the veil to a small tiara before locking the combs into her hair. She had gotten little pink gems in the tiara to give it a little bling and make it match the wedding party.

Her bouquet was pale blue, white, and pink roses. Four of each. Her makeup was done flawlessly, and Penelope had found her a pair of pearl studded shoes to wear along with her dress. Upon analyzing, Priscilla found that the pearls were real. She didn’t even want to know how much the shoes had set her sister back.

Her sisters’ dresses were all pink, but the groomsmen wore blue tuxedos. Priscilla had made it known to Scott that if they were going to have a wedding, it couldn’t be a boring ass, dry, black and white wedding. It needed to pop with color. And Penelope was just the right woman to help him get that pop. She had picked out the dresses and tuxes for the bridal party.

Scott watched Priscilla walking down the aisle, and his heart very nearly stopped. Like his, all eyes were on her. She was stunning and the best part was that she was about to take his name. That he was going to get to have her forever.

Scott felt his eyes watering as he was smiling at his bride coming his way. Priscilla felt her eyes watering just seeing Scott crying because he was so happy. The thought that anyone could love her like that, could feel so deeply about her that tears came into their eyes would never cease to amaze her. But more amazing was that it was Scott.

Scott, in Priscilla’s eyes, was as close to perfect as any man could ever be. And she was glad she had slowed down enough to let him catch her. She hadn’t realized how close she was with him. Hadn’t realized how hard it would be to walk away from him. How intertwined they had become in the last five years.

She could never believe how happy this man was to have her in his life. And she woke up most mornings asking why he wanted her. But right now, why wasn't important. He did.

She had first asked Jaheim to walk her down the aisle, but then thought better of leaving out her other three brothers. It would have been so much easier if Peter was living. He should be the one to give his twin sister to another man.

Instead, she told Paulina to walk her down the aisle and give her away. She gave her mother no other options. And although it was far from traditional, Scott didn't protest it, encouraging it even.

So Paulina, in a pale pink dress and her hair curled and pinned back, walked her daughter down the aisle to Scott.

Paulina smiled at the two as she released her daughter to Scott. She had no doubt in her mind that he would take good care of her daughter. That this union was meant to be. She believed her daughter would get all the love she hadn’t. She believed her daughter was getting her happily ever after.

He held Priscilla's hands, gently squeezing them, smiling at her. That this was happening made him happier than he'd ever imagined possible. He had dreamed of this day for so long. Dreamed of getting Priscilla to fall head first in love with him. And he got that. And all of that effort was worth it in the end. Nothing worth having had come easy for him. That included every academic achievement, every award, every job title, and his newest title: husband.

As he recited his vows to Priscilla, she wiped his tears, smiling at him. She didn’t know how he could be this happy about getting himself stuck with her. But she’d take it.