Knock, Knock

After she got herself together, Priscilla decided a bus from Phoenix to Albuquerque would take far too long. So she got a flight and landed at one AM local time. She caught a taxi to the house and called Scott.

"Hello?"

"Can you do something for me?" she asked quietly.

"Well, there are no little girls in my room."

She couldn't help her laugh then, shaking her head. Because she knew exactly what he was thinking. And had she not been standing at this door, she'd be completely willing to feed into the phone sex.

"There's supposed to be a comet passing through about now. Go outside and look at it. Tell me what you see."

"A comet?"

"A comet. That's what I hear. Just look and tell me what you see."

"Okay."

She could hear him getting up although she knew he didn't believe a comet was passing through. Just to humor her. And she appreciated it.

She hung up when she heard the lock click and looked up at Scott while he stared at her. "Priscilla."

He sounded as if he had lost his breath as he looked down at the woman before him. His heart took off, beating in excitement and anxiety. He hadn't seen her in seventeen days and that was a long time for them. Having the woman he'd thought was in Tokyo in front of him... It felt too real for a dream.

"How does the comet look?" she asked softly.

He just pulled her into his arms, holding her tightly. The fact that he could touch her, feel her body near his. He could smell the scent of her soap and the products she used in her hair. She was here.

Priscilla held him, breathing in his masculine scent. She felt safe here. She would never leave these arms again. This was where she belonged and no one else was going to take her place. She'd kill him before she let him go.

"The comet is beautiful. A real once in a lifetime experience. I'm glad I came outside."

He put her down and held her at arm's length, looking her over. She didn't look as happy as he would've hoped that she would be.

"You've been crying." Other than puffy eyes, there was no proof. But he looked at these eyes a million times. He knew them.

As if he had reminded her of the event, she burst back into tears, and he closed the door and held her. He rubbed her back and let her get it out.

"I'm not ready to talk about why I'm crying. That's not why I came," she told him. "Are Brent and Valeria awake? I think I should speak to them."

"You should get cleaned up first. And then I'll take you to speak to them."

She nodded, and he led her inside and up to the guest room he was sleeping in, closing the door before he showed her to the bathroom.

Priscilla sat on the toilet, and Scott kneeled in front of her, wiping her tears and taking her hands in his. He knew he couldn't pressure her into telling him. He knew she was someone who required a lot of patience, and he could wait. He was just happy that she was here.

"Whenever you're ready to talk about it, I'll listen," he promised.

She nodded and took deep breaths before she walked to the sink and turned on the cold water to wash her face.

Scott watched her as she dried her face and took deep breaths, her lips moving, but no sound being made. He was sure she was talking to herself. Repeating some mantra.