CHAPTER 26

Bentley did not care that it had cost him a small fortune. It was meant for her. If she did not want it, then the only fitting place for it was in the rubbish bin. He gave the limo driver the evening off and called a cab.

It was close on seven in the morning when Bentley sauntered back to the rented villa.

'Good morning Mrs. Blakely,' Bentley serenaded. Tessa was enjoying a bowl of muesli and reading the local morning newspaper. Bertha was also having breakfast.

'Bentley. Good heavens you reek of alcohol!'

'I guess I had a few,' he hiccupped.

'Bottles I'm sure,' Tessa wrinkled her nose distastefully.

'Bentley?' Brad's crisp voice was authorative behind Bentley.

'Morning sir,' Bentley spun about nervously.

'That's correct it is morning,' Brad stated the obvious. 'What, are you doing in a tux?'

'This?' Bentley looked down at his tux as if it had just automatically appeared on his body. Tessa lowered her head, suppressing the grin that was threatening to appear.

'Darling we're going for a walk,' Tessa pushed her bowl away and stood up. Brad looked at his wife curiously. He was dressed to work. He really did not have the time right now to inspect the expansive gardens of their rented villa.
Kim St Claire had surprisingly been ecstatic at receiving the promotion. He was scheduled to meet with Kim, the financial and the editorial teams in thirty minutes sharp. His wife thought it was time for an afternoon stroll. His P.A. thought it was dinner time.
What the hell!

'Fifteen minutes Bentley,' Brad growled. 'I want you dressed for work.'

'Yes sir.'

'What the hell is that smell?' Brad sniffed into the air.

'Let's go,' Tessa tugged on Brad's arm dragging him away. She looked over her shoulder at Bentley, as if warning him to get his act into gear.

'Thank you,' he mouthed, offering his boss's wife a salute before he rushed to his room to have a quick shower and be ready before the boss returned. The boss seemed to be in a foul mood.
Bentley hastily completed an icy cold shower. Still under the weather, he skipped breakfast. Brad had wanted Bentley to drive them to the office. Bentley mumbled incoherently and dashed to find them a driver. Technically with all the alcohol still in his bloodstream, he was beyond the legal limit and could not get behind a wheel this morning.

'Where's Bentley gone to?' Tessa asked Keri.

'He should be in his room,' Keri answered avoiding Tessa's eyes.

'But he's left already,' Tessa replied.

'Oh.' Keri was shocked. Her mind was in turmoil. She looked at Tessa pleadingly as if begging not to be questioned.

'Those earrings are absolutely stunning Keri.'

'Yeah. I've never seen white gold so close up before,' she laughed nervously.

'That's platinum Keri,' Tessa's expert eye knew it cost a king's ransom as well.

'Platinum! OMG,' Keri swallowed nervously. 'I did not know' she quickly removed them. 'Could---could you please keep them in your safe Tessa. They are from Bentley,' she looked away. Keri did not tell Tessa, she retrieved them from the rubbish bin.

'If Bentley bought it for you, he would want you to wear them.'

'I know, but now I'm nervous. Good heavens, I can't believe he spent so much money.'