CHAPTER 44

The following morning when Tessa got to work, Keri came beaming into her office on cloud nine. Tessa shook her head and just laughed at Keri.

'Oh congratulations,' Tessa offered Keri an affectionate hug. 'Wow, it's official,' Tessa lifted Keri's hand and admired the spectacular diamond on her ring finger. 'It's gorgeous.'

Keri giggled. 'You have to help me and thank you.'

'What do you need help with exactly and what are you thanking me for?'

'Bentley told me,' she gushed. 'You offered to pay for our wedding.'

'There are many things my husband supports me in wholeheartedly Keri. This is one of them.'

Keri touched her heart, 'thank you. Bentley and I graciously accept. I need your help with everything,' Keri laughed. 'Wedding co-ordinator, my gown,' she looked up dreamily, 'and Bentley came home with an armful of brochures last night for me to choose where we would honeymoon.'

'Let's start with a shortlist for the honeymoon. We have to get our priorities right,' Tessa laughed. Keri nodded in agreement and joined in the laughter delightfully.

'Why don't we discuss it over coffee in the cafeteria?' Tessa invited.

'Sure,' I'll get one of the executive staff to man the office,' Keri picked up Tessa's phone to call for somebody to relieve her.

'I know just the person to contact for a list of wedding co-ordinators,' Tessa mentioned the name of a leading magazine editor specializing in weddings.

'You know that editor?' Keri exclaimed. Tessa shrugged modestly. They were both in the print media and occasionally ran in the same circles.

'I know you've not come down to earth yet,' Tessa grinned as they took the lift to the cafeteria. 'You need to get a notepad, glued to your hip. Jot down ideas about themes, colour coding, cites where you and Bentley would prefer to get married.'

'Oh this is getting so exciting,' Keri laughed. 'I'm happy to inform you, Bentley says he will leave all the details to me. He requested that I only give him a ten minute report once a week,' she emphasized, 'and he pleaded with me not to ask his opinion about colours, he says he has no clue whatsoever, so I should decide for him.'

'You have homework then,' Tessa smiled as they sat down in the cafeteria. 'Make a list of churches, towns, menus, music you want played, floral arrangements, etc. Look through magazines. We will set up a meeting with the co-ordinator next week, by then you should have enough information to start with.'

'Yes, I think that's enough time to come up with an initial plan.'

'I have one small request,' Tessa pleaded.

'Anything,' Keri nodded.

'I don't want to look like a baby elephant at your wedding,' Tessa pleaded. 'Please tell me you will consider a date, after I give birth.'

Keri laughed. 'That was the first thing Bentley told me. He said if we schedule the wedding before the baby arrives and you go into labour, Mr. Blakely will not leave your side and Bentley very much wants Mr. Blakely at our wedding.'

Tessa smiled. She lowered her head, thinking about her last labour. She never wanted a repeat of that situation. She prayed daily, this pregnancy and labour will be trouble free. For Brad's peace of mind, she wanted it to happen quickly and without incident. She did not want her husband burdened with undue anxiety. She cared too much for him. Brad must never be in that dark and lonely place by himself ever again. Tessa could tell he had been severely traumatized. She knew she and their children were Brad's only weakness, she meant to protect her husband. It was her wifely duty, one she considered an honour.