CHAPTER 28

‘You promised to make me a snack,’ Brad reminded Tessa, as he turned off the ignition.

‘How about an omelette?’ Tessa offered.

‘With lots of cheese and ham please.’

‘Can I quickly check in on Lyndon,’ Tessa draped her arm around Brad’s shoulder.

‘Hurry, I’m starving,’ he complained.

Tessa was having difficulty keeping Brad at bay.  He was standing behind her at the stove.   His one hand was trailing over her thigh, his teeth gently nibbling at her throat.

‘I wish you weren’t wearing trousers,’ he groaned.

‘Just stop,’ Tessa elbowed him away.  ‘Your dinner’s going to burn.’ 

‘I’m not interfering with the omelette,’ his tongue was doing erotic things at her earlobe.

‘But if you keep doing that, I want to kiss you back,’ she moaned, stealing a quick kiss, whilst trying to finish cooking Brad’s omelette.

‘Good evening Brad, Tessa.

‘Good evening daddy,’ Tessa shifted away from Brad and gave the omelette all her attention. 
Thank heavens, I was not lying on the kitchen table with my legs wrapped around Brad’s hips.

Had they been in her apartment or back home in London, that graphic image could not have been ruled out.  Damn, she should have been aware, that they would not enjoy privacy in her dad’s home.  Well technically it was her husband’s home now.  Brad had bought it from her father and gifted it to Tessa after he married her.

‘Joseph, you’re up quite late,’ Brad was unperturbed at his father-in-law finding him and Tessa making out in the kitchen.  Actually, he was doing the “making out.”  Tessa was trying to stave him off.

‘Tessa, why didn’t you call Hanna to serve you and Brad?’ Joseph enquired.

‘It’s late to trouble her daddy.  I’m just making Brad a light meal.’  Tessa placed Brad’s delicious looking omelette onto a plate and switched the percolator on for his coffee.

‘I heard your car driving in,’ Joseph smiled at Brad.  ‘Tessa, I was wondering if I could see you in the morning.’

‘Oh.’ 
What are you going to try to twist my arm about?

Brad watched Tessa tense up.  She inhaled deeply, her eyes narrowed.  The instant her father had walked into the kitchen, Tessa was full of tension like a spring coil, weary and subdued.  She had been warm and responsive when he had been flirting with her, now she was on edge and dangerously cool, like the proverbial English cucumber.

‘What’s it about?’ Brad questioned casually.  He moved closer to Tessa.  Immediately he felt Tessa leaning closer to him, drawing strength from his presence.  ‘Tessa and I have an appointment tomorrow morning.’

Tessa knew nothing about any appointment.  If her husband saw fit to invent an excuse just for her, then they had an appointment.

‘It should not take long,’ Joseph addressed Brad.  ‘There’s a businessman from the Middle East.  He is in financial services.  He wants me to invest in a local project there.    I wanted Tessa to look at that contract.’

Brad looked at Tessa, inviting her to respond.  She breathed a sigh of relief her father was not intending to lecture to her about anything. 
Come to think of it, since her marriage to Brad, Joseph hardly interfered much in her life, unlike when she had been single, he had constantly badgered her about every aspect of her life.