CHAPTER 30

'She is amazing is she not?' Keri smiled. She and Bentley were still lounging with the other staff in the boardroom enjoying cake and coffee. Tessa had requested the regional manager to grant the staff the afternoon off, seeing it was a Friday.

'Who?' Bentley questioned, sipping on tea.

'Mrs. Blakely,' Keri indulged in a generous spoonful of decadent chocolate pudding.

'Care to qualify that?' Bentley raised an eyebrow enquiringly.

'Well,' Bentley's eyes followed as she fed the spoon to her well shaped lips. His eyes widened as a bit of chocolate sauce clung to her lower lip. He licked his own lip as if that would remove the distracting sauce on her lip.
'We've been here a week and we've hardly done a stitch of work.'

'Speak for yourself,' Bentley grinned.

The boss had had him running around at all hours. Just last night, he had only left his boss at eight thirty in the evening. Brad Blakely had completely taken over Joseph von Biljoen's study. He had been inspecting every region's monthly report with a fine tooth comb and barking instructions at Bentley. They would have been there many more hours Bentley suspected had the Scarsdale maid not requested to speak privately with Mr. Blakely.
Bentley still wondered what her request had been about. Though thanks to her, the boss looked at his wristwatch, dismissed Bentley for the night and gave the maid his undivided attention.

'Oh I'm sorry,' Keri reached out.
Remembering where they were, her hand retreated back to her lap. She had only wanted to acknowledge how hard Bentley had been working, whilst she was having the time of her life, at leisure during the days and in Bentley's warm protective arms each night. Keri stuffed another spoon of pudding into her mouth.

'You're enjoying that aren't you?' Bentley teased.

'Am I having too much?' Keri pushed her side plate away.

'No silly,' Bentley touched her arm. 'You are as skinny as a rake,' he stood up.

'Am not,' she blushed. 'Where are you going?'

'I have to run an errand to Chicago. You want to come with?' Bentley invited. 'We'll be flying commercial, unfortunately.'

'No---go ahead.'
Keri's mom had called, requesting Keri to visit. She and Bentley could spend their weekend together when he returned from Chicago.

'I was planning on us spending the night there,' Bentley stated. 'It is a beautiful city.'

'I promised my mom, I'd visit her. She is expecting me,' Keri did not sound very convincing.

He nodded reluctantly. 'I'll see you tomorrow morning then. Stay and chat with the guys,' he smiled.

'Bye Bentley,' Keri wished she could kiss him goodbye, but she shelved that idea and just waved him off.

'I want to go and change,' Tessa laughed when Brad imprisoned her on his lap.

'So we're landing just now?' he asked curiously staring out the window.
Tessa did not know if that helped much. All they could see were clouds galore beneath them. She had instructed the pilot to shut off their on board navigation system in the cabin. The pilot was only going to announce the destination just before he touched down. All the staff on board were told to keep mum on their destination and Brad was instructed not to question the staff as to their destination.

'No,' she supplied, but she wanted to escape Brad for she feared his subtle Spanish Inquisition was about to start and was afraid she was going to slip up.

'So how many hours are we going to be in the air?' Brad probed. His ability to extract information from Tessa was not working. He tried a known seductive technique that always worked or so he thought, as his lips burnt a trail of kisses down her milky white throat. Tessa moaned softly. Her hands raked through his hair, returning the caress as she nibbled gently on his spiky chin. 'I can your see your mind scanning the geography around our position, so shut up,' she chuckled softly.