CHAPTER 16

'Excuse me,' Lyndon spoke nervously but hurriedly before the mean looking guy Skyler could return. 'I'm thirsty. May I have something to drink please?'

'Only got potato juice rich boy,' Wrench laughed. 'Here, have some it will make you sleep.' Lyndon was thirsty. The awful pie made his throat dry. He reached out his hand for the bottle. He titled it to his mouth as he'd seen Wrench doing. He wrinkled his nose at the bitter taste.

Wrench threw his head back and laughed. 'They say it's an acquired taste,' Wrench spoke lifting his head importantly.

'Thank you,' Lyndon handed the bottle of foul tasting liquid back. When he heard the door opening, he quickly lowered himself and pretended to be asleep again.

'Everything set?' Wrench asked Skyler in a lowered tone.

'Yep.   Rio, here we come,' Skyler smacked a high five with Wrench. 'The crew ready?'

'Yep, just loading the stock,' Wrench confirmed. 'What about the kid?'

'We send Blakely a message telling him where to find his kid, after he drops of the loot.'

         'Good evening Bentley.' He was most surprised when he saw the caller on his screen.

'Good evening.'

'Hi. It's Keri Packer.'

'Yes, I know. I have your number stored on my contact list.' She was probably calling to find out about Mrs. Blakely and baby Lyndon.

'I'm sorry to call you so late in the evening,'

Bentley could picture her smiling.
'That's okay,' Bentley smiled. He could do with a distraction. He was concerned about the Blakely's. He had wanted to be there for his boss, but he had been dismissed, and Bentley knew when to back off.

'I did not know who else to call. Could you pick me up from the airport please?'

'You're here in London?' Bentley was ashamed of himself at the adrenalin rushing through his body. His boss was in a crises situation and here he was acting like an excited teenager.

'Yes. I heard about Lyndon. It's all over the news in New York. The von Biljoen's are a household name there you know.'

'Yes, I imagine so,' Bentley agreed.

'So when I heard, I hopped onto the first plane I could get here. I just wanted to offer Tes ... Mrs. Blakely some moral support.'

'I think that is a good idea. She needs a lot of support right now.'

'The only problem is, I can't remember how to get to their home in Surrey and I figured, you would be about the only one who would have access there, considering the heightened security now,' Keri sighed.

'Ah.'
And here I was thinking this was a social call.

'So you want me to fetch you from the airport?'

'Yes please, if you could be so kind, or perhaps I could book into a hotel and you could pick me up first thing later in the morning.'

It was almost one in the morning now. Mrs. Blakely would be upset if Bentley just dumped her in any hotel. He could always put her up in the Blakely apartment in London. He had the keys. Then Keri would have to get up rather early to be driven to Surrey. Best he pick her up now and bring her back to Surrey. Mrs. Blakely would appreciate a familiar face and the support. Although he was aware from security and the butler that the von Biljoen's had arrived about an hour ago. Good, the more the merrier. Mrs. Blakely needed to be surrounded with love and family and friends.