CHAPTER 3

'Good morning Mr. Blakely. Ms Titov is already waiting in your office.'

'Good morning Bentley. Why is she there? You should have placed her in the waiting lounge. Is that not what the waiting lounge was designed for? Brad glared at his P.A.

'Sorry sir. She declined to wait, claiming you were late.' He was fifteen minutes late, but it was more important to him to pacify his wife before his meeting with Darya.

'She said she would start drafting the terms of reference for the sale of the Russian Business Daily.

Brad opened the door to his office and knew he would not find Darya hard at work on the draft proposal. She was in front of his desk, staring at the photograph in her hand of Brad and Tessa. She did not even pretend to be caught red handed or show any embarrassment.

'Good morning Darya,' Brad walked towards her to retrieve his photo.

'Good morning Bradley Blakely,' she serenaded in her very rich Russian accent. She dropped the photo frame face down onto the table.

'My P.A. tells me you were rather enthusiastic to start working on our draft agreement,' Brad picked up the photo frame and placed it back in its rightful position. His wife's beautiful, loving eyes gazed at him adoringly. He caught his breath. She still had the ability to make him do that.

'I was enthusiastic.' Darya let her right index finger run down his silk shirted chest. It delighted her so much, her three other fingers joined the index finger moving up his shirt rather erotically. 'But I could not start without you Bradley Blakely,' she breathed against his cheek.

'Let's get started them,' Brad deftly removed her fingers from his body.

'Ah, a man that likes to take the lead huh Bradley Blakely,' she pressed against him. 'You should allow the lady to take the lead sometimes. You might find you would enjoy it,' her lips came close to his.

Oh my wife has perfected the art, Brad shifted away, creating some distance between them. 'Let's have a look at the draft proposal,' Brad pulled out a chair for Darya.

'Thank you Bradley,' she gracefully slid into the seat. She was a striking woman no doubt, and rather too confident. Today she was adorned in a rather expensive lime green tailored trousers suit, with a very feminine fully buttoned light brown blouse. Darya Titov did not need to show a leg or cleavage, her beauty spoke for itself. The ice princess lacked any charisma, but she oozed beauty and confidence. She was also trained to be clinical and detached. Brad had no doubt she would be a more than satisfactory lover to any man in bed, yet she left him cold.

'As you know we have a major number of blue chip clients Bradley,' she passed him a portfolio of the Russian Business Daily.

'Are those client contracts of RBD attached here?' Brad inquired.

'Of course,' her eyes dueled with his.

'You will be most impressed with our assets,' her eyes suggestively undressed him.

'That remains to be seen,' Brad countered. He studied the file, pretending not to have caught her innuendo.

'Oh I'm quite prepared to show you. Just say when,' she invited.

'I'm going to send an audit team to inspect the infrastructure at RBD,' Brad's eyes held hers. 'I will not accept the capital values stipulated on paper without verification.'

Darya's eyes looked away disappointedly when Brad refused to participate in the seductive mind games she was intent on playing.

'What price are your principals proposing per share?' Brad asked when she remained quiet. He knew she was not conceding defeat. She was merely re-strategizing. She was shrewd and ruthless. He would not let his guard down.