CHAPTER 22

Tessa peeked into Brad's diary on Bentley desk. She was hoping he had plans for the evening. He'd had a golf game two days ago.

She flicked through his pages for the next few days, nothing was scheduled for the evenings and damn it they were leaving for Sydney in three days time.

'Something wrong Mrs. Blakely?'

Tessa spun around to see Keri looking at her rather curiously. 'Could you stick to either Tessa or Mrs. Blakely? You confuse me.'

'Oh, sorry,' Keri mumbled.

'Call me Tessa ---'

'Okay, I'll stick to Mrs. Blakely---.'

They both spoke then laughed simultaneously.

'What are you doing at Bentley desk?'

Tessa looked up from the diary pages, 'protecting your interest?'

'I-no. Of course not. What do you mean "my interest?"

'Oh, don't get all defensive on me now,' Tessa taunted with a grin.

Keri peeked quickly in the direction of Brad's closed door, then turned back to Tessa. 'Stop it,' she instructed softly. 'It's not like that between Bentley and I.'

'I see,' Tessa pursed her lips, trying hard not to smirk.

'Please---there is nothing going on between Bentley and I,' Keri held Tessa's gaze, 'besides, I'm not over Max,' she murmured.

'You're over Max,' Tessa placed her hand on Keri's shoulder. 'I've seen the way you look at Bentley,' Tessa added with a sympathetic smile.

'It's too soon,' Keri sighed. 'I can't get involved with Bentley, besides, it's awkward. We work together.'

'My husband and I work together. Perfectly.'

'Well, you two are perfect and unique,' Keri stammered. 'What happens if we have an argument and it affects our work?'

'Brad and I argue all the time.'

'No you do not. I have never once seen the two of you argue. How do you do that by the way?'

'Oh we argue,' Tessa grinned, walking towards Brad's office. 'And I sulk, big time,' Tessa opened Brad's door and walked in. She found Brad dictating to Bentley, who was sitting in front on Brad's desk scribbling away at breakneck speed.

Tessa slid into the soft cushioned leather chair at the visitor's table. Wanting to appear unobtrusive, she opened up the latest glossy quarterly report of GR's performance. The inside cover had a half length smiling photo of her handsome husband.
The last quarter's results had been outstanding. Tessa did not know how her husband held it all together. He'd turned her father's company around and made it a market leader in the States, and GR was doing exceptionally well everywhere else in the world as well. He had good reason to smile, Tessa thought, as she unconsciously smiled back at the photo.

'He has that charming effect, doesn't he?' she heard the soft voice in her ear.

Tessa looked up to see Brad smiling down at her. Bentley was nowhere around. She had not even heard him depart.

'"Charming?"' Tessa stood up. 'Oh I don't know about that,' she raised an eyebrow, mockingly. Her fingers deftly loosened Brad's tie, she slipped it into his pocket.

'Don't you?' Brad pretended to scowl, his hands on his hips.

With practised ease, her hands undid the top three buttons on his shirt. 'Oh I heard in the market place that Bradley Blakely is a cold, ruthless business man, feared by many.'
Her fingers slipped through his shirt. Brad tried to remain unaffected by the magnetic touch of her fingers, but his contorted face gave him away.