Chapter 20: Game On

"Tamaki calls that a 'hard day's work'?" you mutter, looking at the destroyed fence.

"He's never had a real job before," Kyoya points out.

You tilt your head as Tamaki gets on his knees and yells toward the sky in vexation. Kyoya, in no hurry, walks down the steps and over to Tamaki's distressed figure.

"Grandiose ambitions aside, I think your approach to winning is a bit skewed," Kyoya says.

"Kyoya, can't you see that her esteem for me as a father figure hangs in the balance?" Tamaki asks.

"If I may offer some advice. There is something only you can pull off, that is, if you choose the right music," he hints.

Tamaki's eyes widen and he instantly gets to his feet and runs toward the entrance of the dining hall. You watch him race past and Kyoya appears back in front of you.

"If he doesn't screw this up, he may win," you comment.

"It seems so," he responds and continues walking but notices you not following. "Are you going to come in to watch?"

"No, I have to clean the tables. I'll be in in a minute," you respond.

Kyoya shrugs and goes inside the building. You move to start clearing off a table when you see Kaoru standing alone leaning on the railing of the porch.

"What are you doing out here alone? Where's Hikaru?" you question, sauntering toward him.

"He went to get some trash bags for us," Kaoru responds.

"Do you still think you'll win?"

"I don't know. Your boyfriend has created a monster. The Boss didn't even know this place had a piano until he pointed it out to him," Kaoru answers.

Before you can reply, Kaoru's face turns to one of apparent shock. Quicker than you're able to comprehend, he jumps over and knocks you to the ground just as something smashes on the floorboards. You think you got whiplash from the action as you barely detect Hikaru hurrying over to check on his brother.

You rub a spot on your head where there seems to be a bit of pain and train your eyes and ears on The Twins who are doing their Twincest thing. This is when you get the feeling this wasn't an accident.

"Did you stage that?" you hiss.

The Twins give you two evil grins just as Kyoya and the others burst out the doors. Kyoya sees you and runs over to help you up while the boys and Haruhi become preoccupied with Misuzu.

"What happened?" he asks calmly, holding back his worry.

"Hikaru and Kaoru staged a rescue to win this contest. I think I might have hit my head when Kaoru freaking tackled me," you answer as you wobble slightly on your feet.

Kyoya clenches his teeth and holds up a finger in front of your face. "Follow my finger," he commands, moving it back and forth. "You don't have a concussion if that's the case, but those idiots might."

Kyoya checks you over one last time, then, with a burning rage, stomps over to Kaoru and grabs him by the front of his shirt.

"You idiot! (Y/N) could have gotten hurt!" Kyoya growls.

The hosts are understandably frightened by this side of him and come to realize what has really happened.

"Kaoru, I think we forgot the fact that Kyoya can and will kill us," Hikaru whispers in fear from behind Kaoru.

"Kyoya, let's not resort to violence," Tamaki coaxes, hiding behind a stone-faced Haruhi.

Kyoya takes a breath, releases Kaoru, and pushes up his glasses.
"Because of your stupidity, we're going back to my family's cottage for the rest of the day. I expect not to be disturbed," Kyoya directs, leisurely striding over to gently take your hand and lead you over to his car.

You're mad at The Twins, too, but you never expected for Kyoya to lose his temper. A headache is developing and you're hoping this incident is the first and last time any of the boys think about involving you in their antics.

❁❁❁

"Take these painkillers," Kyoya says, handing you a glass of water and two pills.

"Yes, Dr. Ootori," you reply sarcastically, tossing the pills in your mouth and chugging the contents of the glass.

"Do you feel any other pain? Maybe behind your eyes or the base of your neck?" he questions, standing in front of you as you sit on the kitchen's island countertop.

"I'm fine, I promise. It's not that serious," you stress for the tenth time.

"Head trauma is a serious subject."

"I know, but I also know if something is wrong."

Kyoya sighs and leans forward to rest his forehead on your shoulder with arms on either side of you. You bring a hand up to run through his silky hair as you glance down at him from the corner of your eye.

"I'm tired," he mumbles.

You hum in response and listen as your phone goes off again. You reach for it with your free hand and read the text message from Tamaki.

"Tamaki is trying to put together a Host Club Workshop where we have to be up at six every morning," you say in disgust.

"I'm going to kill him."

"There's no way I'm getting up that early and you won't either no matter what you get offered," you respond.

Kyoya takes a breath and moves back to help you down from the expensive marble counter. He puts an arm around your shoulders as you waltz through the cottage-style mansion until making it to Kyoya's massive bedroom.

"I regret telling them you guys were in Karuizawa, but Tamaki was making everyone crazy with his conspiracy theories," Kyoya says, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"It doesn't matter to me. I'm just glad you're here," you reply truthfully, moving to stand in between his legs and play with the strands of hair on the sides of his face.

You move down to kiss Kyoya hard on the lips and your hands ghost around to the nape of his neck. Kyoya's hands instinctively latch onto your thighs and glide down to hook under your knees to cautiously pull them forward for you to straddle him while staying upright on the bed. Your tongue enters his mouth to explore the cavern as his hands crawl up your body, over your butt, and up under your shirt allowing his colder hands to touch your bare skin.

Kyoya shifts his head to give your neck wet caresses and you tilt your head to give him more access. Your mind is hazy at the contact and arousal going through your body. You and Kyoya haven't gone that far, but you know it's bound to happen soon, especially since you and Kyoya did have "the talk". Two virgins are always eager.

You go to push Kyoya down on the mattress, but he stops you and looks into your eyes with a mixture of lust and self-control.

"We can't do this tonight," he says steadily.

"Why?" you ask, taking in a needed breath.

"Because your head is hurting, physical exertion can make it worse, and I'm really tired," he explains with cheeks a dusty pink color.

"Fine," you agree disappointedly, but your teenage hormones aren't that out of wack.

"Don't look so distraught. Next time you're in my bed, there won't be anything stopping us."