Chapter 25: Your Song

A month later, Kyoya is still disturbingly focused on getting back the medical branch of the Ootori company, which you learned also that it is the branch that Kyoya's father was considering handing over to him. You let him have his space--not that he's giving you a choice--and work on what he needs to because it is such an important part of his life and future.

Recently, you have been thinking deeper about the prospects of the next school year approaching in merely a few weeks. It's the last of your high school career, then you're off to pre-med with, possibly, Kyoya if you go to the same school, which is likely since you both strive for the top.

The rain pounds against the large glass windows of the cottage as you walk through the dimly lit hallways with the clock striking ten o'clock at night. Your pajamas are snug against your skin and you're in a state of lightness. You left Kyoya to his work in the bedroom because you needed some time alone to sort out your thoughts.

You make it to a relatively empty room that is only made up of two couches set up for listening and a grand piano. You glide the tips of your fingers across the wooden surface and round the instrument to sit on the bench. You straighten your back, crack your knuckles, and place your hands on the keys with hesitation.

The racing thoughts that plague your mind have opened new doors for you. That same reality of losing so much in your life hurts, but you won't let it affect you. Right now, you care a lot for this guy, this enigmatic amalgamation of confusion and stress. You want a future with him, but you don't know if that can ever come about. Sometimes you ask yourself, "Why Kyoya Ootori?". Out of all the guys in Ouran and the world, why him?

Your hands press against the black and white keys to a song you truly love. The notes come naturally and you want to voice the lyrics, but, secretly, you haven't sang since your dad passed away, but you need something to remind you of then and now. Piano has always been a gift, a talent, but singing was for fun. You breathe deeply before opening your mouth and chorusing the words.

It's a little bit funny
This feeling inside
I'm not one of those who can
Easily hide

I don't have much money
But boy if I did
I'd buy a big house where
We both could live

So excuse me for getting
But these things I do
See I've forgotten if
They're green or they're blue

Anyway the thing is,
What I really mean,
Yours are the sweetest eyes
I've ever seen

And you can tell everybody
This is your song
It may be quite simple but
Now that it's done
I hope you don't mind
That I put down in words
How wonderful life is
Now you're in the world

If I was a sculptor
But then again no
Or a girl who makes potions in
A traveling show
I know it's not much but
It's the best I can do
My gift is my song and
This one's for you

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

And you can tell everybody
This is your song
It may be quite simple but
Now that it's done
I hope you don't mind
That I put down in words
How wonderful life is
Now you're in the world

When you get to the ending, Kyoya appears and sits down next to you on the bench. You finish the chorus and your fingers stall on the keys just as Kyoya leans over to bury his face in your neck with an arm around your waist.

You move with him as he stands and turns you around to hoist you on top of the piano. Kyoya is fairly tall, so you only have about an inch on him. Silently, you peer into the eyes that are far too old to be apart of a teenager with a gleam of years of hard work. His hair is messy from running his hands through it too many times and you reach over to lay your palms against his cheeks so you can look deeper.

You connect your lips and feel the softness of his on yours. Kyoya's hands rest on your hips and move to pull you as close to him as possible. He knows he hasn't been giving you much attention since the problem with the company has risen, but every moment, in the back of his mind, all he has wanted is to be with you, but his responsibility outweighs his desires.

The rain gets louder as it slams against the window. Kyoya glides his hands down to wrap your legs around his waist and carries the weightlessness of your body against his as he walks to his bedroom. Soon, you feel the mattress against your back and have Kyoya hovering above you but your lips stay together.

The only light in the room is from the bedside lamps and it causes the atmosphere to be that much more suspenseful. You turn your head away to target Kyoya's neck like he had done to you previously with a groan escaping his throat. Clothes are shortly shed and selfish desires are being met accordingly.

The best part about meeting the person you know you're meant to be with is undeniably the distortion they force upon your life. They do not come calmly. That person should make you question everything and fracture your reality. Whoever they are, they are probably not special, but merely an ordinary being who is able to revolutionize your entire world within a second. Then, at the end of the day, your last thought is only that you could have met them sooner to love them longer.

A/N: Song is "Your Song" by Elton John