Chapter 14: Beach Weekend

Haruhi was a lot more willing to go to the beach in Okinawa until finding out the girls were tagging along for business reasons. You assured her they would go back to the hotel more toward sunset, as Kyoya informed, and you would be staying in the Ootori family's villa.

You, with Haruhi, are in casual clothing instead of bathing suits since neither of you have intentions of swimming or getting sunburn today. You're reading a magazine while Haruhi overlooks the Host Club's activities.

"Why did you come, (Y/N)?" she asks, realizing you have nothing to actually do.

You turn a page without shifting your gaze away. "Kyoya," you reply.

"Right," Haruhi says. "You want to get away from here?"

"Sure." You toss your magazine aside and rise to your feet with Haruhi. You walk farther away from the others and begin talking about this summer.

"You know Ryoji wants us to work at Karuizawa while he's off doing his own work," you comment.

"It will be nice to get away from the guys for two months," she responds.

"They'll probably vacation in foreign countries on their yachts, so we don't have to worry about them stopping by."

You continue on until Hikaru and Kaoru kidnap Haruhi away from you. Apparently, most of the girls have gone back to the hotel as well, but you notice the guys acting a bit strange.

"What did you do?" you ask Kyoya who is, naturally, scribbling in his notebook.

"The hosts are trying to find out Haruhi's weakness to see who she trusts the most," he answers.

"I guess I win," you say. "Haruhi won't tell them, trust me."

"I know, but it's more fun this way."

"Guys!"

You and Kyoya look up to see Hikaru and Kaoru running toward you.

"Haruhi's in trouble! Come on!"

You and Kyoya take off behind them down the beach without asking questions. You see a tall rock in the distance and some people standing on the top. Once you get within fifty feet, Haruhi is pushed off into the water with Tamaki diving in after her.

A certain rage fills your gut and you, along with The Twins, scale the rock with ease until you're at the top, leaving Kyoya, Honey, and Mori on the shore to look out for Tamaki and Haruhi. You think Kyoya tried to get you to stay on the sand, but you don't listen.

"What do we have here?" one of the guys says.

"Get 'em," you command.

Hikaru and Kaoru jump at the guys and use their own fighting skills they've aquired. You want to lay into the two men as well, but you hold yourself back since The Twins can handle it. After sorting out the two men, you, Hiakru, and Kaoru join the others down on the shore where Tamaki has emerged with Haruhi from the water and looks to be going on a tirade.

"Why did you confront them? What made you think you could stand a chance? You against two boys?" Tamaki asks with his hands on Haruhi's shoulders.

"But it doesn't matter that they're boys and I'm a girl. I was there and had to do something. There wasn't any time to think--"

"That's no excuse, you idiot! Don't forget, you're a girl!" Tamaki shouts.

You step in instantly and put your hand on Tamaki's shoulder to harshly push him away.

"Lay off, Tamaki," you snarl.

Haruhi interrupts. "Look, I'm sorry you had to save me, but I don't understand why you're so mad at me right now. I don't think I did anything wrong!"