Chapter 4: Physical Exams P.2

"We will begin conducting physical examinations shortly. All students, please proceed to the clinic in your respective school building."

You, Kyoya, and Tamaki walk with the tension between you and Kyoya hanging in the air, but it's basically taken over by the anticipation Tamaki is creating with the scheme Hikaru and Kaoru talked him into. Then there's the fact that Kyoya got Mori and Honey to dress up as doctors to "set the mood" or something, you're not even sure anymore.

You depart from the duo once you get into the clinic because you want your examination to be over with quickly. Secretly, you don't want to miss whatever idiotic ideas the boys came up with being put into action.

You get your height, weight, and other important extremities checked in under ten minutes behind a curtain before redressing and joining Kyoya in time to see Tamaki emerge with a brown wig on in front of a group of girls. You want to laugh, but the sheer stupidity of the plan is too overhwhelming for you.

"Is he smart or is he dumb? That is the question," you mutter jokingly.

"That question plagues me as well," Kyoya replies, pushing up his glasses.

You follow Kyoya to the curtain where Haruhi is currently crouched down behind, probably wondering what the hell is wrong with Tamaki's brain as well.

"Haruhi, are you ready? I went ahead and set up a separate room for you--a special boys' clinic, and I have a doctor standing by sworn to secrecy," Kyoya finally reveals.

"I admit I knew about this, but I never had time to tell you. I'm sorry," you apologize.

"It turns out the doctors here today are all on staff at one of Kyoya's family's hospitals," Kaoru says, appearing in the space.

"Would've been nice if he said something to us earlier," Hikaru adds.

"I had to get my revenge, too. I'm sorry, I just don't think I'm supporting cast--homosexual or otherwise," Kyoya replies with a cocky grin.

"It's amazing how many points your IQ drops when being an asshole," you comment absently.

"Yet it remains twice as high as yours," Kyoya shoots back snarkily but remains to have that undertone of politeness.

Haruhi, having enough of everyone's antics, goes off to the private clinic. You remain stoic after Kyoya's little dig since you're used to throwing them at each other constantly, but it never fails to unnerve you the way he keeps that fake smile every time. You walk with the boys to the exit of the clinic when you're all stopped by a feminine voice behind you.

"I'm telling the truth," the girl insists. "One of the doctors grabbed me by my shoulder. He was trying to make a pass at me! I'd never been so terrified."

"I had a feeling this might happen," Kyoya says to the six of you.

"What do you mean?" Honey questions, asking what all of you want to know.

"A bit earlier today, I saw a strange man wearing a white lab coat, but clearly not one of our hospitals' doctors and I thought he was a little odd," Kyoya answers.

"Did you not think for a second that he could pose a danger to the other students?" you ask in disbelief. You thought Kyoya was way smarter than that.

"Well, it's no big deal. I'm sure the security guard will catch him," he dictates.

"Did you happen to notice where the pervert doctor was heading?" one of the offical doctors asks.

"Yes, Sir. He ran off toward the special boys' clinic," the girl confirms.

"Idiot! Damn!" you grit out as it processes for you instantly and you're running off toward the other clinic.

You look at Haruhi as a sibling, a younger sibling that you have to protect and this ignites something you're furious with, especially at Kyoya's lapse of judgement. He may be a douche, but he's not one to make such stupid decisions like this.

You notice Tamaki, with his long legs, is actually ahead of you and charges into the special clinic. You know the others are right behind you and you get inside the room in time to see Tamaki fly through the curtain and kick the man into the wall.

"Haruhi, are you okay?" you ask calmly as you let the boys do their intimidating intro thing.

"Yeah, nothing happened. What's going on?" she asks.

Tamaki tosses his shirt onto Haruhi's head and you watch them somehow overly intimidate the grown man on his knees.

"Please don't hurt me! Spare me my life!" he begs.

"We're high school students, not assassins," you say with a raised brow.

"I'm a doctor. I have a small emergency medical clinic that I run in the next town over. My name is Yabu," he responds.

"Yabu? What a terrible name for a doctor," Kaoru says.

"Unless you're a quack," The Twins say together.

You bring up a hand and slap both of them upside their heads.

"Stop being so rude and listen," you command sharply.

"Sorry," they mumble.

"I'm here because I was hoping to see my daughter. My wife left me last month and took my daughter with her, but I know she attends school here," Yabu reasons.

"I don't mean to pry or anything, but why did your wife and daughter leave you?" Haruhi inquires.

Yabu explains in detail of the events leading up to the split and you actually feel sorry for the guy, especially since he obviously has the wrong school.

"And that was it. They left me forever. I know I'm terrible at managing our money, but I can't say no to anybody. I don't blame them for being tired of constantly living in debt, but I wanted to see my daughter one more time, so I came here after being pelted by rain and wondering the streets, I finally wondered into your school. I was mistaken for a doctor here to examine students.

"Then, I tried to ask a female student about my daughter, and the girl started screaming and before I knew it, there were all kinds of people chasing me!" Yabu rushes out with tears streaming down his face.

"That is so tragic!" Tamaki sympathizes with his own waterworks.

You go to suggest about having the wrong school, but of course Kyoya beats you to it.

"Doctor Yabu, I think you may have the wrong place. Are you looking for Ouran Public High School?" Kyoya asks.

"Yeah, that's right," Yabu confirms.

"I figured that might be the case. This is Ouran Academy--a private institution. Your daughter doesn't go to school here," Kyoya says.

"Wow, Kyoya! I'm impressed you figured out he had the wrong school!" Honey beams.

Yeah, because it wasn't blatantly obvious because of the man's clothing and explanation of heavy debt, you mentally remark.

"Well, there's no way the daughter of such a small-time doctor would ever be able to get into Ouran Academy," Kyoya responds.

You and Haruhi send immediate glares to him before Tamaki interrupts the stare down.

"Kyoya, would you please find a map of all the public schools in this area? I'd like to help this man find his daughter," Tamaki requests.

You know Tamaki is extremely kind-hearted, so it doesn't surprise you like it does the others. You've played with and have listened to Tamaki go solo on the piano and there's no way someone without such a big heart could play the way he does.

"Whatever you say," Kyoya replies.

You walk with Kyoya out of the room to help look for said map and to also tease him a little.

"You still get surprised at some if the things Tamaki does, I've noticed," you say.

"I'm still deciding if he's an idiot or not," he responds.

"Either way, he has a whole lot of good inside of him, and I think that's what really matters."

You walk silently with Kyoya now and wonder if Kyoya will ever drop his stupid facade and one day realize that he too has a lot of good inside of him.