Chapter 9

Chapter 9 - Samantha's POV

I hopped in the front seat of my brand new car and drove to Beverly Hills Center.

Jasmine was riding shotgun beside me, while Brenda and Cecile sat at the back. It was getting boring in the car, so I decided to hit the button on the stereo, and Born This Way by Lady Gaga was on. "Ooh, I like this song. Crank up the volume please!" Cecile then started to sing along. I cranked up the volume and the rest of us joined in. The next song was Fall Out Boy's Light Em Up, followed by Maroon 5's Lucky Strike. We sang along, and laughed on the way to our destination. It took us a few minutes until we got there. I drove to the parking space and parked my car in the slot nearest to the mall's entrance. I clicked the button and killed the music. "Well, ladies," I started. "It's now 6:14 in my watch and we have almost less than 3 hours to look for whatever we need for our plan. Now, let's get going."

***

We entered the mall looking, as I can say, fierce and fabulous. Guys turned their heads towards us as we passed by. One even soiled someone's shirt with his ice cream because of us. We all giggled and continued walking. Even the adults started to look at us, some even whispering. They are probably wondering whose daughters are we. An actress like Angelina Jolie? Or an artist like J.T.? Nope, just daughters of a doctor, local businessman, musicians, and a baker. Well, who couldn't resist looking at 4 teens dressed in Anne Klein clothing, holding Hermes bags, Jimmy Choo's and Pandora accessories?

We passed by our favorite store to steal from: Forever 21! We went inside and I said, "We meet here back in 30 minutes, and bring whatever you find here and we'll decide which ones to steal, and which ones to buy, got it?" They all nodded their heads and we split up.

I went to the on sale section of the store. There, I found a white shirt with a puppy design printed on it, a blue maong studded jacket and a bloodred skirt which would perfectly fit Jaz when she goes on her date. I placed them in the basket and continued my search.

My basket was full in no time. I also found silver high heels and pearl necklace and matching pearl earrings to match the outfit I picked for Jasmine. For our break-in, I found black vests, black studded jeans, and black sneakers in the "All Black" section of the store.

I was nearly done with my shopping when someone covered both my eyes from my back and a familiar voice said, "Peek-a-boo! Guess who?" I froze right in my place. "Impossible," I mumbled and turned around.

I was facing a tall, lean blonde. He looks maybe about 19. Muscular in a way, and his shaggy hair that grew all the way to his ear made him look like from some boy band that all teen girls are going crazy about. I could say, he has a great sense of fashion. Plain blue tee with black leather jacket on top, jeans, the latest Hyperdunk rubbershoe, and to top those off, Ray Bans and a fedora. He removed his Ray Bans and his electric blue eyes looking straight into mine. "Aren't you going to say hello to your big brother?"

"Oh my God.....Adrian it is you!" I gave my brother a big bear hug. "I thought you're not allowed to leave the school until March because you're under probation? How'd you find me here? And how's college in Boston? And how's grammy and gramps?" I had a lot of questions to ask him because I have to admit, I really missed him.

He chuckled and released me, "Well, don't think I bribed them to let me visit my family. I got the highest score in the finals and they said that because of that, they are lifting my probation. Grammy and gramps are fine. They are trying to get me to teach them how to use the internet so that they could contact you. They've missed you so much. Grammy wonders if you've already gotten yourself a boyfriend, do you have one?"

"Well, at the moment, no"

"That's a good girl. Books first before boys." He ruffled my hair when he said that. "Obviously, a teen like you would be shopping and I thought about looking for you here in Forever 21 because from all the pictures you post on Facebook, most of the clothes you're wearing are from here."

"Now that's my big brother, knows his sister too well," he laughed when I said that. "Does mom and dad know you're back?"

"Well actually, no. I just arrived from LAX and saw Brenda's tweet about being here in Beverly Hills Center so I guessed you would be here as well."

"I can't wait till we get home! I have so much to tell you," but in the back of my mind, well, not everything.

"And, I have a surprise for you," he grinned.

"What is it?"

"It's not what. It's a who," another familiar voice spoke, and this one sent shivers up my spine.