Chapter 2

Chapter 2 -- Jasmine's POV

I actually do not want to be a part of this.

My 3 best friends in the whole world dragged me into agreeing with them. It all started like this: we hated Christie Morgan. The former most popular girl in school. She has pissed us off so much times that Samantha, apparently, had a plan. Last summer, she took spy classes. And if you add her super smart brain with the lessons in her spy classes, POOF! She thought of stealing nice clothes and jewelry to "out popularize" her. Brenda and Cecile were all in while I was the outcast. I am known to be a worrier and I always follow rules. I never want to be bad. I was always a good girl. They persuaded me to do it and said it was only for just this once and I consented. Our first robbery was at Beverly Center, where we stole Forever 21 apparel, Gucci accessories, and Ray Bans. We went to school looking like Christie, and when she saw us, she got pissed and we had a fight. And eventually, we won. We were the reigning Queens of Beverly Hills High. A few months after, Christie's dad got fired from his job and he had to move to another state far away from here. We all rejoiced and since we aren't that rich to buy all of the expensive clothing so Samantha wanted to continue stealing clothes to continue being popular. And there. That's how we ended up being the most wanted thieves in L.A.

***

Ms. Kelly's class was over in no time. I left the classroom going to Music class with Brenda while Samantha and Cecile left for their Gym class. We walked down the hall together and as we entered the music room, we took our seats. Brenda is a natural musician. She can play anything. The ukelele, the piano, any musical instrument. But her specialty is the guitar. She's a fast learner, and a good teacher too. I ask her to help me because I am determined to learn how to play and to maintain my high grade. After, Brenda left for her Home Economics class and I left for English. As soon as I entered the room, I heard my arch enemies' voices. "Look who's here. Ms. Popularity and Smarty Pants," Sofia said.

"I would want you to please leave me alone," I replied kindly.

"Ooohhh. I bet Jasmine is scared that we would bully her, like what we did back in preschool," said Clara.

"Yuhhhh. She's such a loser. I bet those Louis Vuitton items are fake. And her father is just a local businessman and can't afford to buy her originals. Hahaha," smirked Sofia.

They both laughed and my temper was rising. This is also why I consented with my best friends. I want to prove that I do not get fakes. I ignored them but they kept on mocking me. Then a voice said, "Leave her alone, would you."

"Oh my gosh! Hi Nathan," both of them said it the same time.

This cannot be happening. The most popular guy in school, defending me. I know he's been in my English class but I didn't think he'd notice me. "You ok?" He asked me.

"Yeah. It's normal for me," I replied, not meeting his eyes.

"Well, you must be kidding. You should do something about this. Oh and I'm Nathan, by the way."

"I know. I bet you don't know me."

"Of course I do know you! You're Jasmine Smith. Your brother's my good friend, and we're swimming mates, remember?"

"Oh yeah, I'm really forgetful," I replied with embarrassment.

"Oh mind if I sit beside you? English class is about to begin," he asked smiling.

Ok, I have to admit, he has a very intimidating smile.

"Settle down class," Mr. Perry said. We are going to begin with....

While Mr. Perry was fixing his things, I faced Nathan and said, "Sure, have a seat."

***

"Jaz, where have you been? You got us worried," Cecile said as we took our seats on our cafeteria table.

"Oh don't worry, I just had the best day of my life," I said dreamily.

"Ok, spill. What just happened?" Samantha said as she pounded her hand on the cafeteria table.

"Do you guys remember Nathan Wilde? The most popular guy in school whom I had a crush on since we were in the 6th grade? Well, he talked to me earlier in English class. He defended me from getting bullied by Sofia and Clara. And he even asked to sit beside me in class!"

"Oh my gosh! I'm so proud of you! Is this permanent? That he would sit beside you all the time?" Brenda asked.

"Yes! He wants to get to know me better."

"That's great! Now shall we get our food and discuss about our next plan?" Samantha asked.

We all nodded our heads. The food today was T-bone steak and mushroom soup. After we got our food, we got down to business.