Story # 33: The Black Knight

AUTHOR: MeganLockhart

------

PLOT:

She found him on the beach. His clothes spoke of wealth, his hands told of work, but it was the scars on his face that told Nan who the man before her was, Sir William Horton, the resident Hero of Ashford. He was the richest man in five counties and a well known bastard. Rumors of very kind were whispered about Ashford’s infamous Black Knight, his all encompassing cruelty, his frozen heart, the twisted means by which he found pleasure. Every creature in Ashford knew to give him a wide berth, to keep a wagging tongue still, and eyes trained anywhere but on him when he came into view.

So when Nan found him and was neither distant, silent nor looking anywhere but directly at him, Ashford’s Black Knight began to stumble over the oddity of this girl. Her fearlessness, her honesty, her intelligence, even her unassuming beauty held him captivated. But how could a simple beggar girl be so many things? Who was this woman that held his attention, or more importantly who had she been before coming to Ashford?

------

OPINION:

Oh My Gee! This is so refreshing. I haven't read anything such for like... since Beloved Beast? And I think that was earlier this year. So it was such a breather. Again. It felt knew to me. Everything felt like you haven't read anything like this. It felt really unique and new. Like Romeo and Juliet or Shakespeare. It took me three days thou to finish this because of work but.... it was really good (and worth sacrifing a few hour of my time when I should have been sleeping)! I enjoyed it soooo much. The character is as fun as the Story. I found myself going back time and it was just really fun to imagine. My favourite character is none other than Jamie. Jamie is just... I find it really weird but at the same time cool that a 10 year old's mentality could not even be measured as same as a normal adult person. Some of his words are disturbing thou. I would not want a 10 year old to say such things even if he grew from a not so well-off Family. And Nan, oh Nan. A really commendable female protagonist. I would find it less appealing if her characters were ever more altered a bit. Just a tiny bit. The Black Knight, I can't imagine his "scarred" face. I never thought of him handsome but I also not thought of him "scarred". That'll be a good thing. The writing. How do you even writing like that? Really. How? Everything I've said is the Good Points so I'd go ahead with the bad? The bad part will only be the Ending. I do love my Endings. I do love it Ending either too emotional or too much imformation. I want my Ending to be thinkable. Like, after reading it I'd still think about it for hours. I want it to be a puzzle but not enough to give me a headache. A minus for the Ending. Also, I think there are too many Chapters? Hm. It felt like on repeat? For the most parts. Some more felt like a repeat. I think that's about it. With a few characters this is just a real good one. A gold!

------

RATING:

8.9 out of 10 (I had a hard time. I'm afraid to give too much I guess.)

------

Last Story Review for 2013! \(*.*)/

Keep looking forward for 2014. Also, since no one liked my Idea of "Reviewing" The Twilight Saga so I deleted it. I think I have another one more? I added 5 new "Completed" Stories a few days ago and this is the first Story I finished. The next Story I read was a meh so I pushed it aside and not continue reading it. Anyways, I am starting a new one right now. And I won't tell you ANYTHING about it BUT maybe look forward to it? Maybe. Just maybe. And oh, if I have time on January 1st I'd post ALL the Stories I've read this year (I think there are more than a 100). I hope you guys look forward to it as well since I want you guys to vote for three of them who you think I should re-read and Review. I hope A LOT of you guys support it this time. It actually means a lot to me if you guys respond. That is all.

And oh, I changed my name it's Jouilielle now. XD I mixed my real name with something Europe-ish. XD