Rainy Days and SUNDAYS

"And once the storm is over, you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person who walked in. That's what this storm's all about." 

~ Haruki Murakami

Life is inexplicable....a strange mixture of sunshine and rain.

Often, we find ourselves caught in whirlpools that seem to suck at our feet, pulling us in, when every effort seems to be in vain. There are moments when we are so bereft of hope, that we begin to doubt our ability to swim and reach the shores. It is in these times of rough weather, that we find our true strength, our resilience, our courage, and somehow, we do manage to get through. There is always a small ray of sunshine that beckons, the promise of warmth and comfort, the vision of a dream that keeps calling us, and we follow that beautiful strain of sound that plucks at our heartstrings, urging us on, never letting us give up.....

I have been fortunate enough to be able to see the silver lining behind every dark cloud that has ever passed through, and in my journey through the ever-changing seasons of life, I have learn't that every winter is followed by a gorgeous spring, that every rain gives way to a brilliant sunshine. I have learnt that winter snows and drenching showers can be beautiful too.... we just need the right eyes to look at them. 

Life goes on. Whether we choose to move along with life or sit mourningly at the sidelines, letting life pass us by is a choice we must make everyday. And I choose to live. 

In this journal of my thoughts and reflections, I hope to share with you the lessons I have learnt in my journey so far, and my belief that wildflowers are often as beautiful, if not more, than the most sought after roses. 

Let us be those dandelions, that some call wildflowers, and others call weeds....but we need no name to bloom and be beautiful....

© M.S.

17th December 2016