Chapter 13

----

"Do you need a rest, or a sip of water?" Klaus bombarded Stefan with all these questions.

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"Oh my god! Shut up!" Lucy exploded. "He said he's fine. Now stop talking you sporca mezzosangue[1]!"

"Yeah, I agree with Lucy. You really don't need to talk to me."

"You're self-loathing eludes me." Klaus said to Stefan but glaring and Lucy.

"Maybe because we've been hunting werewolves all summer."

"Well lucky for the both of you we've found our pack."

The three arrived at a camp sight. A group of werewolves were scattered around. They looked like normal people, but they weren't. Their blood reeked of sweat. It made Lucy gag. But they approached them anyways.

The pack stared at them, they were scared. Until the moon rose they were powerless against vampires.

Stefan dropped Ray off his shoulders.

"Ray!" A girl ran up to him and kneeled beside his body. "Who are you?" She looked up at Stefan and Lucy who was beside him.

"The better question is, 'Who am I?'" Klaus stepped forward. "My name is Klaus."

The girl gasped. "The hybrid."

"Ah, so you've heard of me."

---

Klaus was talking about the perks of being a hybrid as Ray awoken. "Great timing Ray." He said. "Stefan." Stefan got up.

"Alright! Is anyone here a human? Your friend here needs human blood to become a vampire." Ray looked at Lucy. His eye were gold. Like Klaus' when he's hungry. Lucy stood up.

"I can smell one." She said. Klaus looked at her. "Though I don't know which one."

"Do what you need to do, Lucia." Klaus said. Lucy walked slowly up the girl who knelt beside Ray when they arrived.

"You reek of squirrel." Lucy snarled. Animal blood was like poison to Lucy. Disgusting. She tried animal blood decades ago, but nothing was the same like human. She walked past her and the man beside her, but stopped.

She turned and faced the man and grinned viciously. "Good try but you'll never be able to escape me." Lucy whispered. "This one." She said loudly. She stood behind the man as Klaus walked up to him.

"Excellent job." Klaus grabbed the arm of the man and bit into it.

He threw him to Stefan and Stefan pinned him to the ground. All in one quick motion.

Lucy watched the whole thing happen. She couldn't focus on one spot. Ray feasting on his friend, or Klaus making another werewolf drink his blood and then snapping her neck, just like what he did to Ray.

---

He killed them all. Every last one of them. Soon they'll all be Hybrids.

"What do you plan on doing with all these Hybrids?" Lucy asked.

"Build an army. One that will be loyal."

"How do you know they'll be loyal?" Stefan joined.

"It's not hard being loyal when your one the winning team." Klaus smirked. "I have two loyal companions right in front of me, do I not?" He said referring to Lucy and Stefan.

"No." Lucy stared straight into his eyes. "Stefan is your debt. And I'm compelled to you. It's not loyalty if we're here against our will."

Klaus ignored her and conversed with Stefan. She rolled her eyes. Something caught her eye. She looked over a Ray, whom she was sitting next to on a rock. She noticed he was bleeding.

Not from a minor wound on his arm, or a nose bleed. He was bleeding from his eyes. Lucy grabbed his head to have a better look. "Klaus. I think something went wrong." She said. Klaus turned towards Ray and grabbed his face.

"That's not supposed to happen."

"Obviously." Lucy murmured. "I knew you were going to mess this up."

"Lose the attitude."

Another werewolf awoken and Ray saw that as his opportunity to run, and Stefan ran after him.

"They're starting to wake." Lucy said. "What happens if they end up like Ray?" She started to walk around them.

"Ray was just a minor set back darling." Klaus replied. Lucy turned and looked down. There sat Ray's girlfriend. She had blood streaming down her face. Lucy bent down to her level and wiped the blood from her face.

"What's your name?" She asked gently.

"P-Paige." The girl stuttered.

"Be strong, Paige." Lucy whispered. "Klaus, I don't think this is going to work."

"Whys that?" He looked at her.

"Look around." She opened her arms. "They're already starting to die."

"No! No no no! This is not how it's supposed to be! I killed who I needed to kill! I broke the curse! I was supposed to rule an army with you by my side!" Klaus continued his tantrum.

"What?" Lucy froze.

"You know what. Put the pieces together Lucia. You heard what Stefan said. He was right. I'm in love with my brothers girl, who is a ruthless, weak, vampire." He plopped down on the rock.

"Ruthless and weak? I'm not that, nor am I vampire." Lucy sat beside him.

"What are you then?"

"I'm one of you. I'm a hybrid." Klaus looked at her in disbelief."

"But. How?"

"My mother was a werewolf. So my brother and I were half werewolf. The curse still applying. I killed a person." Lucy's word got caught in her throat.

"May I ask who?" Klaus asked.

"When I was 21, I got married and had a son. One day I ran a bath for him. The water got to high and he drowned. I kill my own family." She sniffed. "My husband left me. When I met Elijah, he was like a god. I fell in love with him. But I grew ill a year later from depression and loneliness. That's when Elijah turned me."

"That doesn't make sense, you would need a hybrid's blood to become one."

"Stranger things have happened. I guess something is wrong with my gene pattern."

"I still don't believe you." Klaus scoffed.

"When the full moon comes up. I'll turn."

"That's in only 10 minutes. You're unprepared."

"Fine then I'll take off my daylight ring and throw it into the lake." Lucy said, standing up and walking to the lake.

"Right now?" Klaus followed her quickly.

Lucy stood in a sunny spot by the lake. She took a deep breathe and ripped off the black jewelled ring off her finger and through it hard into the water. It went about 8 feet out.

Lucy stared out into the sunset, feeling the sun of her face. In the corner of her eye she saw Klaus walk beside her. "Well isn't this an interesting turn of events." He smirked.

[1]:Flithy half breed