Chapter 1

Lucio and Elijah sat in wooden chairs watching Lucia drain the blood from a girl in her mid thirties.

Lucia dropped the dead body and wiped the excess blood from her mouth. "How do you feel, now?" Elijah asked.

"Better." She panted. Lucia looked at the dead woman and did a double take. "Did- did I kill her?"

"Yes. She no longer wanted to live. If that satisfies your guilt." Elijah gripped her shoulder.

"I killed a person!" She started to cry.

"Everything will be okay. Just please stay inside during the day."

"What if I get hungry?" Lucia looked ashamed. Will she be able to control it?

"Lucio agreed to feed you if you get hungry tonight. But after that he'll start takin vervain."

"What if I get out of control?" Elijah stepped closer to her and looked into her eyes.

"You will only take what need." His pupils dilated that shrunk. Lucia felt compelled. "I'll be back tomorrow with her ring. Until then make sure she stays indoors during the day. I'll be around at 1:00 when the sun is still up. I bid you farewell up till then." Elijah left the house at the speed of light.

Lucia tuned to her brother. "Vervain?"

"Vampire poison. Father puts it in our water regularly. So please, don't drink anything he gives you." Lucia nodded.

"This is for the best sorella."

[a/n] it's short because I'm in school. But at least it's better than nothing❤️