Chapter 8

There they were again. The crypt. Elijah was promptly holding the big door open, waiting for Luke to enter.

Luke sighed, he took off his daylight ring, handed it to Lucy, and started making way towards the door. Lucy followed but got stopped by Elijah. "Can't I go in?"

"Why should I let you?" Elijah raised his brow.

"It's a crypt, Elijah. What could I possibly mess up?" Lucy's hand me her hip.

"Quite a lot actually." There was silence before he gave in. "Fine, just give me his ring." Lucy huffed but gave her brother's ring to Elijah and walked into the crypt.

"Sorella. I'm so sorry." Luke hung his head in shame. Lucy placed her finger against her lips, the sign for silence. She started walking into a room Luke never knew was there.

Lucy bent down a pulled on a handle, lifting what seemed to be a secret door. "Lucia!" She heard Elijah yell telling her to hurry up.

She reached into her pocket and handed her brother his phone and his daylight ring. The one she gave to Elijah wasn't real, just a cheap, plastic ring.

"Wait an hour after we leave and keep going straight when you go down. I have to go now. I'm love you, Fratella. I hope to see you soon." Lucy kissed his cheek and made her way towards the main door.

She opened it and slipped out. Elijah hadn't even moved. Lucy started walking towards the car, the only thing that destroyed the silence was the sound of Lucy's heels on the cement, she entered the drivers side and placed the key in the ignition.

---

They were only an hour into the drive and Lucy was still upset, at least she knew that Luke wasn't in some forsaken grave.

"How long will you continue play this game of arrogance, Lucia?" Elijah said emotionless.

Lucy half scoffed, half laughed. "Arrogant? I'm being arrogant? I'm not completely sure you're know the definition of arrogant. You're the arrogant one. I'm just a little rag doll to you."

"Is that what you think?" Elijah turned towards Lucy. "Lucia, everything I've done is to protect you." His voice was the gentle one Lucy was prone too.

"So the price of protection is misery?"

"You may be missable with Niklaus and he may be terrible to you, but he gave me his word to protect you." What Elijah didn't know is that his 'word' was under the influence of a love affair between Lucia and Klaus.

---

Lucy unlocked the door to her home but stopped mid turn. She smelt a scent of a certain hybrid. She whipped her door open and found Klaus sitting in the chair, holding a scotch glass.

"How the hell did you get in here?" Lucy fumed. Thankfully Elijah wasn't with her.

"You invited me in 60 years ago. I thought you'd like to be the first one I came to see in my original body." He put down his glass and rubbed his hands up and down the arms of the chair.

"This chair secures many memories between you and I. Remember that one day you were so desperate for love that you-"

"Stop." Lucy muttered.

"You begged for me to take you right here."

"I never begged. I was under your compulsion."

"None the less. I was hoping we could relive that night." A sly smirk spread across his face.

"Stronzo."[1] Lucy muttered and walked up the stairs.

"Name calling is not nice, love." Klaus said, following her up. "You know, I would like it if my brother did now know I was here. So don't tell him."

Lucy turned an faced him. "What makes you think I'll listen to you?"

"Because I asked you to." His pupils grew large. Lucy had been compelled.

"Alright fine."

"Thanks love. Big things are about to happen. Things that will change our lives." Klaus said exiting Lucy's house.

--

[1] Asshole