Chapter 6

I made a thing ->
--

Elijah sat I the passenger side seat with Elena Gilbert. He still wore the torn and dirtied suit from when he was in the Salvatore manor. Elena pulled to the side of the road.

"Where did you get the dagger?" Elijah asked bitterly. He never faced the doppelgänger.

"I'll tell you everything later. But I need your word." Elena said firmly, yet gently trying not to make things worse than the already were.

"Your ability to make demands has long passed." Elijah rolled his eyes still not looking at her.

"No demands. I'm offering you my help, and in return I want yours."

"And why should I even consider it?"

"The same reason you haven't killed me. You need my help to kill Klaus. And I need you."

"I thought I told you you can't kill Klaus."

Just before Elena could answer, her phone rang. She picked it up. "Hello?"

"Yeah I'm fine." She answered. Elijah began listening in. He inferred that it was a call from Stefan.

"Where's Elijah?" He asked.

"He's right here."

"Where? I'm on my way."

"No! Elijah and I need some time alone." Elena tried to say.

"He can't be trusted. He'll use you to get to Klaus." Stefan growled. Elijah was looking at Elena waiting for her response. Elena looked back at him. Thinking about what Lucy said about him.

"Elijah is a noble man, Stefan. I can trust him, otherwise what I've done would have been incredibly stupid. By removing the dagger I have proven myself to him." She said. Elijah was now contemplating whether or not he could trust her.

"You can't do this alone."

"It's my decision Stefan, please respect it. And make sure Damon doesn't do anything stupid." She said and hung up. Elijah held out his hand and waited for what he wanted.

Elena handed him her phone as a second peace offering. The first was the dagger that was previously in his heart.

"I already know that Klaus possess the body of one Alaric Saltzman body. Yet do you know where he is?"

"He's here."

"Here?" Elijah's eyes widened.

"Yes and you're the only one who knows him." Elena said.

"Yes I do." Elijah mumbled, remembering back when Katerina first meet Klaus, and same with Lucia. "I know somewhere we could speak more comfortably."

---

They stood at the door of the Lockwood residents. Carol Lockwood opened the door.

"Elijah. Elena. What can I do you for?"

"Pardon for the visit on such short notice. But we need some help." Elijah stepped forward.

"Oh, I would love to help. But I was actually just about to leave more a meeting." Carol said sympathetically.

"Oh it won't take a minute of your time." His pupils dilated, he had compelled the mayor.

"Please come in!" Carol stepped to the side, letting the duo in.

"Thank you. First things first. I'll need a change of clothing." Elijah walked in.

"Um, you can try one of my husbands suits. I haven't boxed the up yet."

"Lovely." Carol Lockwood walked up the stairs.

"How did you know she wasn't in vervain?" Elena whispered.

"Because I'm the one who got her off it, just before you and your friends killed me...twice."

---

Elena and Elijah sat on a opposite couches but still facing each other. Elena looked guilty, though she had minimal reason to be.

"Katerina would have been released from my compulsion when I died." Elijah said.

"What about Lucy. She said she was lead to you when I pulled the dagger out."

"Lucia is not compelled to me, but sired. She is compelled by Klaus."

"How?"

"After she went through her transition, I left her in the protection of Klaus when I couldn't be there to protect, she is my most precious."

"You left her in the hands of Klaus? How do you know she's safe? He's so barbaric." Elena raised her brow.

"That's how I know she's safe. Nicklaus may seem unfit but when you give him something to protect it doesn't matter who he kills. He will fulfill his duty."

"What if Klaus gets daggered? Will Lucy be release from his compulsion?"

"Yes and no, yes Lucia will be released of compulsive actions that Klaus has set on her. But she will still be with him as long as I say so." These words were being tangled in Elena's brain. The more she tried to untie, the more confused she got.

"Aren't you worried she'll start develop feeling toward Klaus?" Elijah laughed darkly.

"Not in the slightest bit. Lucia cannot stand Nicklaus."

"I don't think she needs protecting Elijah. Lucy seems strong." Elena leant forward on her knees.

"There was a time; back in 1844, when neither of us were there. It almost kill Lucy. She's been sired to me since 1384, it's been so long. I can tell when she's in danger." Elijah whispered. He got a pain in his stomach, like someone tearing his stomach apart. "In fact, I think she's in danger right now."