The Cruise (ch. 13)

I buried my head in my arms in an attempt to restrain an exhausted groan. "No," I stated flatly, "We can't take a vacation, we are busy." I said with my muffled voice. How long have we gone on like this? A couple hours at the least. Out of two, it was unfair of how more of my time had been wasted.

I can handle persistence but for hours on ends of pointless pleas.......Elizabeth just didn't know when to give up. I looked up, "Where do you plan to go?"

Surprised at my change of conversation, she smiled, thinking that she had broken my resolve. She paused for a minute and put her finger on her mouth as if to think of a random place.

The argument had been on going for hours, yet when she asked for us to take a break and do something fun and relaxing, she was clueless as to what she really wanted. "We can go on a cruise!" She said. I sighed, dropping my pencil, rubbing my temples, "What would we do on the cruise?" I asked impatiently.

The whole mixup with where the Farrington's information should go to dropped me way behind. If I could go home, it wouldn't have been a problem, but nope, I had to stay near where they could see.

Elizbeth thought for a moment and said, "It's just to give Ciel a break! I can doll him all up too! I'll get my family to host a party and everything on the ship so we can celebrate!" in her bubbly tone of voice.

"Ciel...this is your problem not mine. Could you please do something? Her plans obviously don't involve me." I looked at Elizabeth, twirling a pen in my hand, "I'm not stopping you from taking a vacation with your fiance, I'm not his Secretary or butler,"

I turned to look at Ciel who gave me a face; one that showed surprise; it was as if he asked silently if I really meant it. I propped my head on my hand and looked into his eyes as if to silently say 'nope, but this is your problem'.

His blue color...the same shade as mine...I saw something I couldn't exactly put my finger on...weird, I could almost always tell what he was thinking. Just like he could with me sometimes. But that was only natural that he could. Spending more time with him made me realize just how much we thought alike...but also how much we could disagree.

Lizzy clapped her hands excitedly and I just smiled smugly at how uncomfortable he was. I traded expressions with Sebastian to see that he was curious to see what Ciel said as well. "Well...Lizzy..." Ciel said, not wanting to hurt her feelings. He looked at me knowing that I did this on purpose, which I did. I'd take full credit for it shamelessly.

"Well, I'll be delighted to go, Lizzy, as long as Helen can come along with us, I'd be horrified to come back and realize she's done all my work!" Ciel said acting all innocent. I shot daggers at Ciel as it was his turn to smugly smile a me. 

Like I'd do his work! I was too behind on mine to even think about doing anything else.

Elizabeth's previous happiness deminished slightly, seeing that Ciel wanted me along, but knowing that it was going to be the three of us together, it was still there full on. She put her hands together and said, "It's okay! I've already gotten Sebastian to pack everything for the both of you!" She turned to Sebastian and said, "Isn't that right, Mr. Sebastian!"

He nodded, standing in the corner inconspicuously and said, "Their luggage is waiting," she smiled happily, "Well, I'll be waiting! I've already gotten cruise tickets!"

She planned this?! That sly girl...and here I thought she grew out of her conniving stage...As she left the room it was all silence unti the door shut and I was the first one to speak.

I looked at Ciel, dropping my pen on to the paper with purpose, "When did she get so evil?"

He returned my expression, "Yes, I'd like to know as well."