To the Phantomhive Manor (ch. 17)

"It feels somewhat nice to be back on solid ground." I stretched as we walked on the dirt and grass. The ground beneath my feet felt much thicker than it felt when I was on the boat.

Earlier in the morning, specifically during breakfast- because I remembered the dollop of syrup that threatened to stain my dress if not for Sebastian- the ship started moving again. It raised an applaud from the guests aboard. Aaron was still wary, of course. He was still convinced that something would happen.

But he didn't know that we had Sebastian.

By noon, we were already back at the dock safe and sound. It was approximately an hour after the ship had began to move again that I invited Aaron and his brother to the manor. It was odd that I was inviting them to Ciel's manor rather than my own. I knew the stakes, but I was uncomfortable going alone to ask someone to occupy another's home. But anyhow, the two of them graciously accepted the offer and went to prepare.

"Where are they?" Ciel asked, searching the crowd with his small stature. Even though I was the same height as him, it was still pretty amusing to see him even try.

I didn't believe for a second that Ciel searched for them because he was worried about them. It was obvious that he didn't take any interest in them... but to entertain me...he did so. "Thank you, Ciel." I said, pulling on his sleeve to catch his attention.

He turned to me, surprised by my touch, "What are you expressing your gratitude for? There are several reasons of course, but I'm curious as to which one just dawned on you." My jaw dropped in a smile at his sudden sass. I flopped my hands next to my side, "Whatever I wish it to be." I tossed snark his way.

He crossed his arms, "So I'm not allowed to know what I did correctly?"

"I never said you were correct." I didn't want to feed his ego any further. "Ciel!" Lizzy threw a hug around Ciel, which caused my heart to clench. Funny, I don't understand why I was so aggravated. Nothing was different about Lizzy's demeanor. I was about to say something about it, but then remembered that Ciel wasn't mine.

"We're finally off the boat!" She cheered before promptly pouting, "But you know, it would have been nice if we were stuck in the ocean together longer." She smiled happily and took Ciel's hand in hers as she started swinging and laughing a babbling on.

And even I had to admit that all the hard work Lizzy did to match Ciel had paid off. They were a cute couple, and they would eventually get married. All my life I've known it, but only now had it started to bug me.

I never wanted Ciel to begin with. I don't understand why now.

"Helen!" I heard behind me. I turned to see Aaron dragging Henry through the bustling crowd. "Are we late?" He asked breathlessly. I shrugged, "Do you wish for me to tell you the truth?"

He chuckled, seeming to understand, "You're right. A thousand apologies, I couldn't get around the bustling crowd." I looked down at their luggage, "Do you have everything?" I asked.

"Yes." Henry exclaimed, super excited. Elizabeth took a liking to him right away. "And you are?" She asked, bending down slightly to greet him. "I'm Henry Miller!" He answered in the most grown up way he could muster. He was proud to introduce himself.

"Let's go into the carriage and introduce ourselves so we're not in the way of others." Ciel said, putting a hand on my back to usher us out of the way.

~

"Wow!" Henry admired the view of the Manor. I looked at Aaron who tried not to be impressed, but he was more or less an open book. Elizabeth, who had fallen asleep on Ciel's shoulder held his hand. I tried to look away, but for some reason, my eyes were drawn to the display of affection.

"I'll have Sebastian prepare a room." Ciel announced. Henry turned around excitedly, "Can I sleep with Elizabeth?" he asked. I widened my eyes in surprise. Was he so attached to her already? It was about half an hour that they were playing around before the both of them ran out of spunk and fell asleep.

Henry pulled him close, "I think, Aaron is big enough for his own room...if that is alright." Henry sparkled with the idea of his own room. Ciel sat up, "Of course he can have his own room. What else would we do with all the rooms in the manor?" I smiled at his comment. It was everything but endearing towards Aaron, and although it shouldn't, it was quite amusing.

I smiled, "For the week, Aaron, we can get to know each other." He returned the smile bashfully, "It would be my pleasure." The carriage swayed and Aaron hit his head against the carriage. I giggled at his discombobulation. "I'm sorry, there seems to be a rocky patch in the road, I hope you can bear with me."

"All's well." Aaron laughed with me, but he was obviously embarrassed. I turned to Ciel, who also sported a small smile. As we arrived at the Manor, Sebastian helped the ladies down.

Lizzy raced to the top with Aaron, chirpy and alive, "Let's go explore the Phantomhive mansion!" She said, "I can show you all my hiding spots so we can play hide and seek." I smiled and turned around to Aaron, "It seems Henry has made a new friend."

"Yes, they get along very well." Aaron noted. Walking in, Ciel turned to Sebastian, "Make us some tea and snacks." He asked. I brushed my hand against Ciel's arm excitedly, loving the idea of tea and snacks. "Goodness, yes, please. I would love something to snack on, Sebastian."

"So..." Aaron started, "Do you and Lord Ciel live together." I turned around, finding space between Ciel and I. Looking around, I smiled sheepishly, "Yes. Circumstances have forced a us to accommodate, but I have grown quite fond of it. Sebastian is a wonderful cook."

"Like that is the only reason you like it here." Ciel teased. I rolled my eyes, "Okay, the company is rather cute." Halfway up the stairs, I turned, realizing I was alone. Looking at the two boys still at the bottom, I raised an eyebrow, "Join me in the Billiard room, won't you?" Aaron was the first to step up. His hand slid on the smooth polished staircase.

Walking into the Billiard room, I turned, and sat in a chair, "Yeah, and you...Aaron? How close were you with your family?" He was an illegitimate child after all. Aaron's slender hand brushed the side of the pool table before coming to a stop. He tapped his fingers and hummed, "Well, I suppose Henry and I are particularly close, considering we are born from different fathers. My mother particularly loves Henry and is sad to see him leave."

I crossed my ankles, "And why is Henry tagging along in your life changing journey?" He turned to look at Ciel and I. Sitting on the Billiard table, he clasped his hands, "Well, it was agreed by multiple authorities that I would be a much better influence than the environment that Henry lives in right now, even though he is properly next in line for the family business."

I looked over to Ciel and tucked a lock behind my ear, "Oh, well, I hope that the Millers can sort it out. But...are you excited? The Union is a rather extreme change." Ciel put his two cents in, "The Union? That's a large culture shock. Do you think you can handle it?"

Aaron turned away modestly, "Yes, I'm really excited, but you know, it makes me nervous. I'm moving in with some relatives I've met once before and I'm bringing Henry along with me, so it's even more nerve wracking. My mother would kill me if I let Henry get hurt."

I leaned forward, "Is that so? That must be really nice to have someone to dote on you..." I drew my words out slowly, "Ciel and Lizzy are all the family I have left, so coming from someone who knows what it's like to be alone, you should treasure them."

"Of course." Aaron said, "I will."

Sebastian knocked on the door and Ciel turned to the door, "Come in." The door opened and Sebastian strolled a trolley in with tea. "I have prepared Rosemary tea and matched them with Roasted Blueberry Ricotta Crostini." I smiled politely, "It's been a long day, why don't we snack."

Ciel and I made eye contact and I tried for a smile. This would be an interesting week.