loving a vampire or making love with one-chapter 14

Erick held my arms as I just stared at Mercedes, on her hands and knees gasping for air.

"What happened?" I heard Melissa yell from the dining room entrance. She walked quickly over to Mercedes and tried to help her up off the floor.

"I don't know, I just got here." Erick said, walking me over to the table. "My guess is that she said something stupid, as usual."

"I'll take her to her room. Erick, make sure she eats" Melissa left the room with Mercedes clutching at her throat. I sat down in the same chair I was in before and Erick took the bottle of Aaron's blood and poured it into the wine glass in front of me. The second the crimson red liquid touched the base of the glass, the smell hit me like a freight train. My stomach clenched and my throat tightened and ached with anticipation. The smell was like heaven to me. I closed my eyes and took it in. When I opened them I saw my reflection in the glass. A pair of red hungry eyes stared back at me.

"Here." Erick said, pushing the glass towards me. I took the glass and brought it to my lips. When the first drop touched my tongue, my body lit up like an inferno. All of my senses were at their highest peak. I didn't bother sipping at it, I couldn't. I didn't care that Erick was watching me. I downed the glass and put it back down on the table for him to pour me another cup, and he did. And again I put it back down for another, and another, and another. I don't know how they measured it so perfect. Once the bottle was finished I was completely satisfied, and full. I sat back in the chair, feeling a change in me. I felt emotional, strong, unstoppable, and surprisingly horny. I don't know why, but I did.

"How do you feel?" I sucked in a deep breath.

"Great." He looked at me like he knew exactly how I felt, but wasn't going to bring it up.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah."

"Why is it that when you take blood from Mercedes, she doesn't become a vampire?"

"It's because she hasn't taken blood from me. She would need part of me to make her a vampire, so if she doesn't take it, there will be no effect on her."

"Oh, okay. So what would happen if something was to happen to Aaron and I couldn't get his blood? Like if he died or something?"

"Well, then the bond would be broken and you could take from whoever you wanted." We sat there in silence for a while. I was curious about a lot of things in the vampire world.

"Can you show me where the library is?"

He looked confused as to why I would want to go there but he didn't protest.

"Yeah, sure" We left the room and walked down yet another hallway that I had yet to explore. To the left were double doors. He opened them slowly, and motioned for me to go in ahead of him. The room was dark, and before I could even see anything the scent of old books hit me. Erick touched something on the wall and a huge chandelier above my head lit up. The walls were covered in book shelves that stood two stories high. There was a small lounging area in the center of the room.

"Do you want me to stay with you?"

"No, I've got it from here, thanks."

"Okay." He left the room quietly, leaving me in an ocean of vampire history. Where do I start?

It was hours that I sat on the black couch in the lounging area, reading and reading. I finally understood completely why it was very unlikely for female vampires to bear children. I found a book on a theory as to why. It wasn't our fault, it was the males. When a female was turned, the venom supplied from the male would stop all changes in our body. If the male's venom was not dominant enough it would not completely stop our bodies from changing. Most women died from it before they knew what the cause was. They would get sick because their bodies would start changing to form a child, but the nutrients it needed could not be supplied because the only thing a vampire ate, or I should say drank, was blood. Nothing else would work in the body. So the body would take from itself, leaving nothing for the woman. Eventually, she would become very thin and her bones would become very weak, until she couldn't walk anymore, and she would continue to be drained of life until there was nothing left. And this would all happen before they even reached six weeks of pregnancy, so no one would ever know.