Loving A Vampire Or Making Love With One-chapter 1

CHAPTER ONE

I got dressed in the red silk dress covered in rubies and diamonds that was left on my bed, and I could swear that they were real. The dress's sleeves hung off the shoulder and it hugged my curves perfectly. It was almost as though the dress was painted on, until it reached my knees and flowed all the way down to the floor with a small train that followed behind me, almost like a wedding dress. 

I went to the double doors and knocked for Erick to come in. He walked in slowly with his head facing the floor. 

"Can you button me up please?" Without even looking at me, he walked behind me and started from the bottom up. I couldn't help but jump the first time I felt his cold hands on me, or his hands on me in general. We stayed silent the whole time, afraid of what may come out if we let our words take control of us. 

"Okay", he said when he was done. He started for the door without even a look at me. I knew that if I didn't say anything now, I might never be able to. So I did it. 

"Is that it, then? You're not even going to say anything to me?" He already had the door open. He paused for a second and then slammed it shut, shattering the silence. I jumped at the intensity of his anger. He turned around and looked at me for the first time. He looked shocked for a second to see how I was dressed, and then it faded to anger. 

"What do you want me to say? What do you want me to do? There is nothing else to be said so it would be a waste of time for us to be talking right now!" I couldn't believe it. This wasn't Erick; At least not the one that I knew.  

"So tell me, when exactly when did your heart freeze over? Was it that day when you left me, when you made that promise to me? Or was it when you told me you loved me? Because to be honest, I don't know why you're acting like this. It's not you that was dragged out of bed in the middle of the night and taken from their life and forced to be with someone against your own will!" 

"Well then, you must have forgotten that I am not here because I want to be, or did you forget a part of that night?" His voice began escalating and I could tell he was trying to control himself. "God! I didn't want this, but I don't have a choice, and neither do you! So we will just have to deal with it" 

"Deal with what? What do you have to deal with? In a few days I'm going to be turned and forever attached to a man I don't know, and let's not forget the part of this stupid ceremony where I also have to share blood and body with this person! And you're telling me I will just have to deal with it?" I couldn't hold it in anymore. The tears fell from my face and I couldn't control them. "I waited for you! You promised me that you would come back for me! I couldn't eat for days, and it terrified me not knowing where you were, but I believed you would come back for me! I hid myself from the world and I refused to let anyone near me, and I promised myself that I wouldn't let another guy touch me because you were coming back! And now it is being taken from me, and I am being forced to be with someone else and all you have to say is deal with it?! You know what? Maybe it's a good thing you're in line for his position, because you have gone completely cruel and heartless, just like him!" I saw my words slice through him like a knife. He rushed up to me and grabbed both of my hands in his closed fists. 

"Dammit, Angel! What the fuck do you expect me to do?" I glanced above my head and the chandelier began trembling at the sound of his voice. "What's happening today is law! It can not be changed by me! He has a whole underworld following him, and I can not and will not challenge him. This has nothing to do with me. It has to do with your family and them making stupid ass promises that got you into this shit, not me!" 

"Yes, it was my family that got me into this, and it was them that made that stupid promise, but let me ask you this, does he know? Does he even know that we know each other, or are you to chicken-shit to tell him that you love me? Or should I say loved?" He opened his mouth about to speak but I cut him off. 'My heart will always be yours, as yours will always be mine'. Do you remember saying that to me? I want you to look me in the eyes and tell me that that was a lie" He wouldn't look at me. "Say it" He opened his mouth to speak and then I felt his hands around my wrists go weak and he fell down to his knees and wrapped his hands around my waist. "I cant, I can't say it." 

I sank down onto my knees in front of him, and caressed his face in my hands. "And I can't say that I don't believe it. I love you and I always will." He looked up at me with crimson red eyes. His hands traveled from my waist to my neck. He pulled me to him and our lips connected and I felt one sharp tooth graze my bottom lip. The kiss started out slow, but it's been too long since I've been with him, so I couldn't control myself. I wanted more, and so did he. I felt his tongue flick across my bottom lip and I knew he wanted to taste me again, just like I wanted to, so I parted my lips for him and let him enter. His tongue moved to every corner of my mouth and mine in his. He broke the kiss and began kissing me from my chin and every inch from there to where his lips met the line of the dress. I tilted my head back and enjoyed every second of it, biting my lip with enjoyment. I opened my eyes when I felt his lips were no longer on me, and I looked at him.  

He pulled himself up from the floor, and bent down and pulled me into his arms. He carried me to the enormous bed, covered in dark brown silk sheets and laid me down. The mixture of the sheets and my dress reminded me of blood and melted chocolate, which just made me even hotter for him. Unable to be without him for another second, I grabbed his collar and brought his lips to me again. I could feel the air around us getting hotter, even with his ice cold body on top of me. Unable to control myself, I nibbled on his bottom lip and I heard a little moan escape his lips. He pulled me up so that he was sitting over me, while he kissed my neck and unbuttoned each little button on the dress with lightning speed. When he was done, he looked at me and gave me a crooked smile. He grabbed the dress by the waist and pulled the whole thing over my head. Unaware of how naked I was at that moment, I unbuttoned the black silk shirt he had on, and pushed it off of his shoulders. I crawled backwards until I reached the head of the bed, and covered myself in silk chocolate, while he removed the rest of his clothes too fast for me to see. He then joined me underneath the silk sheets and I wrapped my hands around his neck and ran my finger through his hair while he kissed me all over my neck, shoulders, and chest. I let a low moan escape my lips, and as though he couldn't hold himself back any longer, he grabbed me underneath my knee and brought my right leg up to his waist. We were both sweating and so close that our breath was mixing together to fill the air with passion. I was ready for him and him for me. He set himself straight, ready to join our bodies together, I looked him in the eyes and told him I was ready, and he draped himself over me, bracing himself up with his hands. I braced myself for it, but it never came. I felt him go limp on top of me. His arms buckled beneath him and he laid himself on top of me breathless. 

"Erick, what is it?" I spoke as soft as I could from being out of breath from kissing him. I think he forgot that I'm human and I have to come up for air. 

"I want this, I want this so bad, but I can't" 

"It's okay. I won't tell him anything. I love you, and it's always been yours to take" He rolled off of me and onto his side, facing me and looking me dead in the eyes. 

"He has been waiting for you for centuries, not allowing himself to be with a woman. He, like you, has not been taken yet. The moment I do this, he will know. If I take it from you now, my last breath will be taken by the sun on the next hour and yours by his hand." 

I was speechless at the meaning of his words. If Erick made love to me now, it would be the death of us both. But I was ready for death, if it meant that I could be with him. 

"Erick, look at me. If being with you now means that I will be with you in heaven or hell, then I'm ready for it, because not being with you for eternity will be far more painful. And if that does not work either than..." I paused for a second, thinking to myself and getting up the courage to say what needed to be said. "Then I'll do it, I'll let him have me, and then we can run away together once he has what he has been waiting so long for." I was going to continue to tell him my plan for us, when I heard two knocks on the door.