Loving A Vampire Or Making Love With One-chapter 4

BITE MARKS

I heard an annoying beeping sound from a distance. I let myself drift out of dream world and back to reality. I looked over at the night stand to find Erick's watch going off. I reached over and looked at the time. What? it read 8:00 p.m. and that couldn't be right. And then I remembered what Erick told me about the time change here. I put the watch down and stretched in my huge bed. I swung my legs over the edge and walked to the bathroom. When I looked in the mirror, I saw that my hair was all over the place and I'm sure I had serious morning breath. I would die if Erick saw me like this. Speaking of Erick, where was he? I decided to take my own little tour around this place without the guards.

After I cleaned myself up and took a hot shower, I walked out of the bathroom and realized that when I had been brought here I didn't take anything with me. I looked across the room at the wardrobe that stood in the corner. I walked across the room and opened it to find my clothes and my shoes and sneakers. I got dressed in black skinny jeans and a black tank top with my black converses. I wasn't sure why I chose all black, although I think it was because the color would suit this place better. My hair still looked like I had just stepped out of the shower, but I liked it that way and it would come in handy to keep me cool. For some reason this place was heated to the max. I walked over to the door and opened it slowly and peeked out into the hallway. I looked up and down the hall and stepped out and closed the door behind me. There was no one around. I wasn't sure which way I should go first. I already knew what was to the right from last night when I went to dine with Aaron. So I chose to go to the left. I walked down the long hallway looking at all the paintings on the wall. When I reached the end of the hallway, it curved to the right and opened up into something like a large ballroom. All around the room were large windows that showed the pitch black night sky. The room was kind of odd. There was nothing in it. It had no furniture or anything, it was so empty. I kept walking and when I got to the middle of the room I looked up and found more paintings on the ceiling, but they weren't of people. It was a mixture of different colors, almost like a milky way, but with different colors like brown and a dark shade of red.

"It's beautiful isn't it?"

I jumped at the sound of another voice in the room. I looked back in the direction I came from and saw a girl with blond hair that reached her waist. She was dressed in a black leather short skirt and vest. She...she looked... human. Well, I mean, she didn't look like one of them. She walked over to me like she was modeling for a show or something.

"Yeah, it is...um, I'm sorry if this offends you but, are you one of them?" She chuckled a little bit.

"No, not yet." Not yet? I wasn't sure what she meant by that, but I didn't really want to know.

"Oh, okay." I went back to observing the ceiling.

"You're name is Angel, isn't it?" I looked back at her.

"Yes." How did she even know my name when I hadn't told her?

"Oh, I was looking forward to meeting you." I noticed the attitude in her voice when she said it, and it annoyed me.

"Oh really, and why is that?" I returned the attitude.

"I just wanted to warn you, you better be careful of the choices you make here. I know Erick, and he's too good to be getting caught up in some, bad decisions" I honestly didn't know what to say at first. First of all, who was this bitch? Did she know about me and Erick? And if she did, how? I know I didn't act like we knew each other when we were outside of my room, and I hardly spoke to him at all when we were near each other.

"And what makes you think you know him?" She laughed and flipped her hair off her shoulder.

"We have a...connection." My eyes widened with what I saw, and my heart started to beat faster and I felt like I was going to pass out. There were twin marks on the side of her neck. And I didn't have to ask to know what they were. She's Erick's donor.

"Yes, look at it honey, and know that you're never going to have it, at least from him. And I bet he told you it was just a harmless bite, but you wouldn't know anything about what happens to him when he does this to me. He becomes...another man with me" She bit her lips when she said that last part, like she was getting off on talking about it.

"Listen bitch, I don't know what the fuck your problem is but..." She cut me off.

"But nothing! Who do you think you are to just come here and think you can have every man around? Why wont you just do what you came here for and the only thing you're good at, lying on your back for Aaron? And don't worry about Erick. He'll forget about you in time, I'll make sure of it. Oh, and while we're on the subject of him forgetting you, did he also mention that he is just about engaged to the daughter of another leader from a different coven? It was Aaron's idea. He's going to unite the two covens to make him more powerful. Don't you just love it?"

"Listen, you little refrigerator, you're just a meal ticket, and that's all you are so why wont you just go do something you're probably good, at like slitting your wrist, dying and going to hell!"

"You know what..."

"Mercedes!" We both looked up and saw Erick walking towards us. He was by the room entrance and by the time I blinked he was standing in front of her. I saw her swallow hard and she looked like she might shit herself. And I knew why. I felt the anger and the power that engulfed us when he got near us, and I wasn't going to lie- I was scared, too.

"I think it's best you choose you next words very carefully." He stared at her with eyes as black as the night sky.

"I ...was just leaving."

"So why don't you continue with that." She turned her back and looked at me then left the room in a hurry. As soon as she left I thought I would be able to breathe again but I couldn't. Erick's engaged and he never told me. All of this shit I'm going through to be with him and he's engaged. My face turned cold and I never felt so much anger in my life before. How dare he lay with me in bed and tell me he loved me while being engaged to someone and not saying one word about it! I balled my hands into fists at my side to keep myself in check. I had to look in the direction where that bitch had walked out to avoid looking at him.

"What did she say to you?"

"What did she say to me? What the fuck did she say to me?! That you're engaged, you asshole!" Of course, I didn't really say that, but I wanted to. Instead, I shot my head back to Erick's direction and with all the power I had in me, I connected the palm of my hand with the side of his face and stormed out of the room and not back to my suite, but to Aarons.