Chapter Twenty-One - Pinkie Pie

- Pinkie Pie POV -

"Come on Braeburn, we're nearly there!" I said as I lead my most favouritest pony ever through the doors of Sugar Cube Corner. He was blindfolded, so he stumbled over the step, landing with his hooves around my neck. I blushed giggled, and untangled myself quickly, looking around and nodding at the congregated ponies.

"SURPRISE!" Everyone yelled as I pulled the blindfold from Braeburn using my teeth. His face beamed with excitement as he threw himself at me, squealing ineligible words of thanks.

Eventually he composed himself enough to make a sensible comment. "Oh, thank you ever so much Pinkie Pie! This party is just amazing!" He paused and looked around, grinning. "Where's the cake?"

"We're too much alike! The cake is over here, by my signature cocktails!" I led him over to the table where I'd lain out my cocktails. Next to the colourful array of glasses was a tray of Mr and Mrs Cake's finest cupcakes. Braeburn grinned and gobbled down three, grinning wildly at me.

His grin faded as he met my eyes, a strange look replacing his usually excited one. He looked hopeful, yet sorrowful, and blissfully unaware of the existence of anything but his emotion. He looked as if he could possibly...

"Pinkie," he said softly, taking a step closer to me. His green eyes seeped emotion. "Ah was wonderin' if maybe y'all would wanna git-"

"Here try a cocktail!" I screeched, pouring a glass of pink liquid into his open mouth. He coughed and spluttered for a moment, before grinning and slurping down another.

I let out a sigh. Okay, I panicked. What? A social butterfly is allowed to get nervous too! I may be the most popular pony in Ponyville, but that doesnt mean I dont get nervous when a super cool stallion hits on me!

"These're great Pinkie!" He said, gulping down another. I noticed five empty glasses, and a black pit opened in my stomach.

"Easy up there! You dont wanna make yourself sick!" But it was too late. He swayed into me, his warm breath overlain with odours of fruit and my secret ingredient. I sighed and heaved him towards the stairs, and dragged him to my bedroom, where I deposited him on my bed.

He hiccuped and rolled over to face me. His expression had changed to a drunken one. I sighed and downed two of the spare cocktails from my personal stash. The secret ingredient kicked in immediately. I felt dizzy, but at the same time erratic and ecstatic and excited and happy and sick but still happy.

I collapsed on the bed next to Braeburn, our hooves touching. Somehow we manoeuvred into a position in which Braeburn had me trapped against the bed. He was stronger than I remembered.

He grinned down at me, his green eyes sparkling. Before I knew it, he was kissing me and I was kissing him and everything was right in the world.