Chapter Eight - Black Pudding

- Black Pudding POV -

So this crazy pink pony drags me all across town, to some run down barn in the middle of nowhere. Why did I let her? Because she wouldn't shut up - and believe me, this pony can talk for Equestria. 

"Come on BP! We're nearly there!" I reluctantly walked towards the barn doors and sighed.

"Let's just get this over wi-"

The doors flung open suddenly. "SURPRISE!" Hundreds of ponies stood in the barn, which was decorated with streamers and balloons and other bright party favours. The ponies swarmed towards me and I was taken up by a river of bodies. Pinkie introduced me to a bunch of ponies, then ran off somewhere. A white pony with a blue mane and purple glasses approached me.

"Hey new kid! You are the new kid, right?" She circled me, looking me up and down. I nodded. "Well I'm Vinyl Scratch, or DJ Pon-3, depending which fanfic you read." What did that mean? I raised my eyebrow at her. "Nice meeting you, kid!" She walked away.

"That was weird..." I made my way over to the drinks table and tried to avoid everyone. I wasn't all that into parties. Back in Manehattan they always ended the same - somepony spiked your drink and you couldn't put one hoof in front of the other. My parents thought that because I'd dyed my mane and pierced my ear that I was into the whole Manehattan grunge party scene, but I spent most of my time in record stores. 

I turned at the sound of a guitar being strummed. I recognised the style anywhere.

"Whoo! Go Riff!" 

"Yeah! You rock!"

"Frantic Gallop are awesome!"

"Play us a song!"

"YOU'RE SO AWESOME RIFF!" That was a blue pegasus with rainbow coloured hair. She floated above the crowd, waving her hooves. I galloped through the crowd and found myself muzzle to muzzle with Riff Acoustica, the guitarist for 'Frantic Gallop', my all time favourite band.

"Hey kid." 

"You...You're Riff Acoustica!" He nodded. "I'm like your biggest fan!"

The blue pony barged between us. "Nuh uh! That's me, pipsqueak!" I shrugged and walked off, waving at Riff as I did. I'd only been in Ponyville for 5 minutes and I'd already met my idol. Sweet!