Chapter 25 - Rarity

- Rarity POV -

I felt all eyes on me. How fabulous it felt to be admired; desired. The little black number that the darling Novella had picked out for me fitted my body beautifully, the sheer material accentuating my curves. I'd have to talk to her about a job in my store.

"Hey Rarity!" I heard a familiar, grumbling voice behind me. Swallowing the nausea that rose in my throat, I turned to face him.

"Spike, Darling, how simply lovely to see you."

Spike had grown since I'd last seen him. His green scales were sharper, and his face had lost its baby roundness. I shook myself and smiled.

"I..uh.." His eyes scanned my body hungrily. Suddenly I regretted the slim-fit dress. It sexualised me, and that was the last thing that spike needed - encouragement. "You look nice."

I laughed awkwardly. "Well, thank you dear-"

"Can I get you something to drink?"

"That would be marvellous, darling."

He nodded and walked away. I heaved a sigh of relief. Spike and I had a...difficult relationship. Everyone has always know about his feelings for me, but nobody knows about my...I dont want to call them feelings. I just dont know how to feel. Sometimes he was like a baby brother, but I felt this raw magnetism when I was with him. I got butterflies when I...no! I couldn't feel that way.

"I'm back!"

Spike approached and handed me a drink. In the darkness, I couldn't see what it was. I took a sip - citrus.

"So Rarity," Spike began, moving closer to me. "I was wondering-"

He was cut off as somepony barged him. He was launched towards me, and my legs slipped so that he was on top of me. The butterflies started again, and this time I didn't want them to stop. Spike looked flustered.

I leant my head against his shoulder and whispered, "It's okay."

He pulled himself up, leaving me sprawled on the floor. Once I was standing, I noticed the tear in my dress.

"Darling, I simply must go and fix my dress."

"But the party-"

"The party can wait." I started towards the door. "Are you coming?"

He hesitated for a moment before following.

* * *

"There! Good as new!" I said once I'd stitched the dress back together. Spike was laying on my chaise longue.

"Do you want to go back to the party?"

I shrugged. "I dont really feel like it any more."

Spike got up to leave. "I guess I'll go back to the library then."

"Wait!" I cried. Spike turned back to me. "Please, I..." I blushed, looking away. "I want you to stay."