Chapter Nineteen - Black Pudding

- Black Pudding POV -

"There must be a record store somewhere in this lousy town..." I mused as I wandered around Ponytown or whatever it was called. Pinkie Pie's party hadnt been terrible, but it hadnt really turned out to be a welcome party. I'd left at about midnight, but from what I'd heard the party had raged for most of the night. 

"Aha!" I said when I found the record store. I trotted through the door and looked over at the cash register to see the white pony I'd met last night. She still wore her glasses, and was talking to the rainbow pony who'd chewed me out for talking to Riff. 

"Oh, hey kid!" She waved her hoof at me. I trotted over to her, glancing at the rainbow pony. She looked rough. "Hey Dash, this is BP. We met at the party last night."

'Dash' looked at me, her dark eyes unamused. "I'm Rainbow Dash, the best flyer in Equestria."

"Nice to meet you." I looked at Vinyl, or DJ Pon-3, or whatever her name was. "Got any Frantic Gallop records?" 

"Sure kid, just over in the corner."

"Thanks." I trotted away, nosing through the records until I found one that appealed to me. After paying for it - 10 bits I might add - I left the shop, and looked around for somewhere to get food. Anywhere but Sugar Cube Corner. I'd been eating cakes and sweets all my life, I did not have a sweet tooth.

When I came across a cafe, I took a table outside and ordered a salad, then lounged back in the sun and waited for my food to be delivered. I got a few funny looks from other people in the cafe, and once I'd eaten and paid the waiter, I started towards - well, anywhere. I needed somewhere I could listen to my Frantic Gallop record without being interrupted by Pinkie Pie.

I was deep in thought, looking at the skies, when somepony walked into me. We both ended up on the floor, our hooves tangled. When we had been disentangled from each other, I flicked my hair out of my eyes so that I could see who it was. 

An orange filly with short, pink hair stood in front of me, flattening her mane. My breath caught in my throat - she was way hotter than any of the fillies back in Manehattan. Her short styled hair was more punky than grungey, and she had a scooter strapped to her back.

"Hey!" She yelled, whipping around to look at me. "What, you bang into somepony and dont even have the manners to ap...o...lo...gise..." She trailed off, fixing her purple eyes on me.