Epilogue

It was a jumble. The past year and 3 months. Ever since Christmas, ever since the wedding, ever since him. Time passed in a whirl

Louis awoke in a stir. A small whimper echoing in my ear and he was gone from the bed. I would've gone, but he takes morning shifts when I "Should sleep in. It's my fault you don't sleep." And considering I had just returned from Australia, I assume I was expected to sleep. It's a usual thing now for him, the sunken cheekbones he's developed along with the fade of his tan skin and the purple circles under his eyes. It's getting to the point that I think Louis needs to sleep more. Not me. I emerged from the bed and downed the stairs and into the kitchen to see Louis bouncing him in one arm with a warm bottle in the other filled to the perfect amount. Or what should be perfect. Another whine erupted. This time more of a cry, a wail, and let me tell you, that woke me up. Louis nearly dropped the bottle on the floor. He finally noticed my presence. Killing me silently with his eyes because I didn't follow his advice on sleeping in. I'd rather opt for watching him instead. Louis placed the bottle on the counter and fixed the small body into the crook of his arm a bit more before retrieving the small bottle and nudging it to the small lips no bigger than the single joint of my thumb.

"Lou." I began. "Need any help?" He shook his head.

"I'm okay. Go back to bed." He urged. I watched Louis for what seemed like hours. The liquid in the bottle being sucked down. Down. Down. So slow yet so fast. And loud.

"Was he up last night?"

"No he slept through." I nodded impressed with him for some odd reason. I strode towards Louis and lifted my hand. I brushed my hand over the wisps of brown hair on the small child's head. His name was Mason. Mason was 4 months old with Louis' bright blue eyes. He was our son. Our baby boy, and we loved him to death. Even if he did drive us mad.

Louis pulled the empty bottle from Mase's lips and Mason let out a cry in protest. Louis swiftly brought him up to his shoulder and began burping him.

"Hazzy can you grab me one of his cloths please?" I nodded and plucked a burping cloth off the counter before slipping it underneath our son's head. "Thank you."

"No problem." Louis was silent. And after one or two burps, he brought Mason back down to his normal cradling position. "How's the online thing going this week?" Louis shrugged.

"A bit stressful. With Mase's crying in the background or feeding him while I'm on or having to change him during the middle of a timed essay." I sent him a look of sympathy. "I'm just glad I'm done with school for good in a couple of months."

"I shouldn't have gone to Aussy I should've talked to Li-"

"Hazzy it's fine. Don't worry about it. It came, it happened, it's over." I nodded. Mase let out another frustrated wail.

"I got him. Go make a cup of tea or something." Louis passed him off to me and kissed my cheek before I returned Mason back upstairs and set him on his changing table, for his diaper smelt like milk reincarnated form. I opened up his onesie and listened to his groans and grunts of discomfort. I placed munching kisses to his soft tummy and tried to get him to settle. "I know baby I know." I opened up the velcro flaps on the side of his diaper and got a new diaper and wipes ready. A cloth too because we learned quickly that Mason likes to pee in mid-change. I peeled off the diaper, wiped his little bum and placed the cloth on his little bits. He let out whimpers and moved his little fists around. Definitely frustrated. I slipped half the diaper underneath his bum and brought the top half up and over sealing the velcro once again and inspecting my work.

"Well Harry, you did alright." I said aloud. I sanitized my hands twice (out of Louis nervous habit) and tossed Mase's onesie in his little blue, dirty clothes basket before fishing around in his drawer. I pulled out a shirt smaller than my hand, pair of pants, and green baby socks and dressed him up quick. Brushing his shedding bed head out a bit too and carrying him back downstairs. I placed him in his baby swing which sat happily and waiting in the living room, slipped in a pacifier and turned on the machine. Nap time. The best time after a feeding.