Chapter 1

I want to dedicate this chapter @bookworm190 she did an amazing job with my book cover so this goes out to her, and plus this is a new book

Image of Jamie on the side------------->>>>>

Chapter One

"Stop moving jamie." Mom said zipping up my new pink silk dress, "Sorry, I'm just so excited that the Winter formal is in two weeks." I beamed at my mom who gave me a small smile. That's weird, why isn't she showing more excitement?

"Umm..okay, I'm sure you'll have a great time." I stared curiosly at my mom, who was now looking out the window.

"Okay...I'm gonna go take this off, and go to school." I said taking off the soft dress. I hanged it up in my walk-in closet.

Mom sighed and walked out. Her long blonde hair swaying as she walked out the door. Her and Dad have been acting weird lately-wait scratch that, even weirder lately. Friends usually think we're not related, because of my mom's blonde hair and blue eyes, and my dad's clipped brown hair and grey eyes which is way different from my bright red-hair and bright green eyes. I've always wondered if we really were related, but everytime I ask my parents, they change the subject. If that isn't suspicious I don't know what is.

I frowned at the memory of my overly suspicious parents and shrugged it off. It was time for school. I grabbed a pair of jeans, a white tank top, and my jean jacket. I took a quick shower and blow dried my hair. I stared at myself in the mirror, at my naturally curled hair, and mossy green eyes.

"Jamie! Breakfast is ready!" Mom called from downstairs, breaking my staring contest with my reflection. I quickly grabbed my bookbag and walked downstairs to smell the best smell in the world. Bacon. I quickly ran the rest of the way and sat down at the stool by the counter. But, then I remembered that the only time mom made breakfast, was only to tell me something. Dad was sitting at the dining table reading the newspaper as usual.

Mom passed me a plate of crispy bacon, and my mouth instantly watered, but before I could devour my plate full of bacon I raised my eyebrow at my mom. She instantly smiled one of those creepy smiles, like the cat from Alice in Wonderland, "Oh just making bacon, no catch." She beamed at me. See what I mean by weird. I slowly nodded my head, "Right....I'm going to go to school now." I said grabbing the plate of bacon. Dad waved as mom forehead was suddenly shiny with sweat. Uh....okay.

I opened the door and walked towards my 2011 mustang. My dad Co-owns a famous supplie buisness called Epson & Wilson's supplies. My last names Epson, and the other guy lives across town. Their best friends and been doing their buisness since after college. I would say that I'm rich, but really my parents are. I cut on the engine and drove to school.

When I entered the parking lot I saw him. Ethan McGraw, the quarterback of our football team. It wasn't hard to spot him since he was surrounded by people as he sat on the hood of his car. He was so gorgeous. With his dark brown hair and intense blue eyes. I parked and was instantly engulfed in a hug. I opened my eyes to see familiar red hair.

"Hey Jenny." I laughed as I hugged her back. She pulled back and we did a fist pump. I know, I know....lame.

"How's life?" I asked as we entered the school.

"Rumor has it that Randy is breaking up with Miranda. So naturally, this is my chance." She said as we stopped at my locker. I smirked and took a sideways glance at my best friend.

"Yeah, and you've been waiting for this since when? Oh yeah, eight grade. He was single then and you did nothing about it." I said, chuckling at her reaction.

"Thank you, for the great pep talk. And, I was young and I had boring brown hair, when I dyed it red I was instantly sexy." She said flipping her hair. We exchanged glances and burst out laughing. She's so weird.

The bell rang and I grabbed my books. "You're a whacko." I said as we walked into class.

"Yeah, but you love it." She said as we sat at our usual seats. Mr. Martin was sitting at his desk reading a book.

Classes went by quick and next thing I knew, it was lunch. I stood in line, with Jenny next to me when it happened. Ethan and Kelly, the schools 'it' couple started to argue loudly.

"What do you mean break-up!" Kelly yelled and everyone stared.

"I mean you and me," He said gesturing between them, "Are no more." Ethan yelled back, causing people to gasp.

"Why?!" Kelly yelled back.

"Why don't you ask jacob?!" Ethan yelled back, causing more people to gasp. We all knew what he meant by that. Kelly stood there with her face paling by the second, and with her mouth wide open. Ethan walked away from her, and then our eyes met.

We use to be best friend's since kindergarten, but ever since he became quarterback we've drifted apart. I've had a crush on him since the eight grade, when we were BFF's. Ethan continued to walk away as kelly stood in that same spot looking down. I frowned and continued to wait in line with Jenny as everyone else broke into whispers.

Jenny gave me a slight smile as we skipped everyone else in line who was too busy pointing at a close to sobbing Kelly.

"I can't believe it, can you?" I asked Jenny once school ended.

"Yes, she's the head cheerleader. So therefore she's a slut by default." Jenny said smiling at me as I chuckled. I walked to my car and Jenny followed.

"Well bye, I'm sure you're happy on the inside by what happened at lunch, you're just pretending." Jenny said once we were out of earshot of everyone. I smirked as I opened my door and smiled at my best friend,

"Call you later!" She waved as I drove away.

She was right I was happy on the inside, really happy. I drove and passed the houses on my street until I reached my mansion-like house. It was ocean blue and had a seashell color roof. We live by the beach so we might as well match. I got out of my car and walked to the creme color door. After unlocking the door I walked into the kitchen. That's when I noticed mom and dad seated at the dining table.

"Hey." I said grabbing some orange juice and sitting in front of my parents, who were still acting a bit weird.

"Hey, sweetie. Your mom and I, have something to tell you." Dad said giving me a slight smile as mom looked a little nervous. Instantly my mind went to the bacon,

"I knew it." I said as mom gave me a sheepish grin.

I started drinking my orange juice as dad started talking,

"Honey, theres no easy way to say this. But, we've been putting it off your a while now. Sweetie, you're....adopted." Dad said and I instantly spit out my orange juice, which ended up on my parents.

"I'm what?!" I screamed as a group of maids started cleaning the table and gave mom and dad towels.

"Adopted." My mom said softly. Or should I even call her mom? I stood up and stared wide-eyed at my parents.

"Honey sit down. There's more." Dad said looking me in the eye. I slowly sat back down and whispered, "More." Dad nodded and they shared a glance.

"Theres.....this tradition, that our oldest child has to have an arranged marriage, and since you're our only child you're the one getting married. And, since I'm retiring soon Andy and I think you and his son should get married. For our business." Dad said slowly. I stared with my mouth wide open at my parents. I'm getting married. I think I'm gonna puke. That's when everything went black.

__________________________UNICORNS ARE SMEXY_______________________

So what do you think? Do you like it? What's with the freaky tradition? Adopted? Well I'm pretty sure everyone saw that one coming, and I want to thank bookworm190 again for the awesome book cover. Thank you! You're awesome