Baelfire's Legacy

Henry is upset about Emma not believing in him and calling him crazy, and since you're the poor ten-year-old's neighbor, you see him running out of his home, crying. You sighed, knowing that Emma and Madam Mayor were probably inside the house, arguing over their son's well-being to a point where you would usually make a joke about them being a married couple...but obviously not in front of them.

You follow Henry to his castle, sitting beside the sad kid like you did every time you came to visit him when he was lost in his own little world. He was reading a few pages out of his book, and you look over his shoulder to read some of it.

"The Ugly Duckling, huh?"

"Yeah...in a way I feel like him. No one believes me or doesn't trust me with what I'm doing." Henry muttered in his small voice.

"You know, Henry...you shouldn't be too sad. Adults have a harder time believing in things compared to children." You say, swinging your legs while looking around at the cold, Maine beach.

"I bet my dad would've believed me."

You bite your tongue, knowing from what Emma has told Mary Margaret that his father didn't sound too...fatherly. You wished you could meet his father and bop him in the nose for abandoning such a cute kid, "I believe you."

Henry snapped his head up, mouth turning up to his usual, bright smile, one of his front teeth was missing, "You do?"

"I do," you smile, playfully nudging his shoulder, "Because, my favorite part in the Ugly Duckling, is the duckling turning into a swan."

Henry furrows his eyebrows while staring up at you, completely confused by your words and shrugged, figuring that it must be an adult thing.

~~~~~~~~~

The curse had been broken a few weeks ago, and now that Mary Margaret and Emma were back from the Enchanted Forest, you went back to doing your usual Storybrooke routine until you and your friends can figure out how to adapt to your lives now that you got your memories back. You and Snow White were walking to Granny's for some breakfast before work, and while walking down the sidewalk, you ran into someone's leather-covered shoulder.

"Sorry." You muttered, even though you were fairly certain that it wasn't your fault.

"My bad, love."

You froze and look up, your friend gasping and pulling you away from the stranger by your arm, "Hook! How did you get here?" Mary Margaret sneered.

You didn't react fast enough while staring up at this now very familiar face, your blood running cold when you saw Killian Jones himself, a very old friend of yours from your villain years. You quickly duck your head, hoping that your Storybrooke look would be unrecognizable to the captain since your Enchanted Forest look was completely different.

Hook only smirks, "Wanted a change of scenery." He lies through his teeth.

You were now tugging Mary Margaret away, linking your arms with hers, "M, let's go...please."

The two of you quickly walk away, at which point did Mary Margaret looked at you, concerned, "You know him, don't you?"

You suck in a sharp breath, "Yes, from a very long time ago."