The Day We Met...

'Frozen, I held my breath.'

No one exactly knew how you were able to cross the border lines of Storybrooke, but you had a theory. Because of Emma.

She was your best friend when you both grew up in the same foster home. Once she recognized you when a crowd of Storybrooke citizens brought you to her, she ordered them to let you go. When she told you the truth about this town, you barely flinched. Unlike some people who needed proof in believing, you didn't. Once you had faith in something you never stop believing, it's kind of your thing.

Today, she brought you to Granny's Diner to meet her family.

"So these," Emma pointed you towards a couple sitting side by side at a table with a teenaged boy and a brunette woman sitting across from them, "Are my parents. Mom, Dad, this is Y/N. She's an old friend."

You shake hands with them, complimenting how they looked good for their age, and then was greeted by Henry and Regina, who both seem inseparable. And you were shocked to learn that Henry was Emma's son and that sitting with him was none other than Prince Charming, Snow White, and The Evil Queen.

"And over here we have," Emma turns you over to the counter of the diner and walks you over to a man turning around in his seat at your friend's voice. He wore a leather biker's jacket with a shirt underneath and jeans. His left hand was missing and replaced by a hook, his eyes as blue as the sky and his dark hair and stubble complimented his dark look and sharp jawline. His eyes were tired like he has been through this a hundred times over. He looked as if he was always a little under the rain.

"Killian Jones."

You shake hands and he had the manners to at least smile a little on your account. You smile, "So who are you supposed to be in the stories?"

He smirked knowingly and lifts his left hand up to wave his hook around, "Can't ya guess?"

Damn. Hot accent, too. You found your teeth bite your bottom lip as you squint your eyes to concentrate, a smile still turning up as you pondered.

"You know...you look a lot uglier in the Disney movie...Captain Hook."

"So I'm told." The pirate still had that dull gray look in his eye, but his forceful smile widened, his only hand sat comfortably on his leg as he sat slouched in front of you, "And who might I thank for the compliment, m'lady?"

"This is Y/N." Emma cuts in with a smile, "She's going to be staying for a while, Hook."

"How the bloody hell did she get here?" Killian turned to Emma, confusion, and concern etched in his voice and face.

You shrug, curling your lip to make a weird, complete laid-back face, "Don't know, beats me."

"But until we find out, we need to get you a place." Emma informed, her voice sounded serious but her eyes showed worry, "Maybe you should come with me to live at my parent's flat."

"Oh! Um..." You started awkwardly, "That's great, Em. Thanks. But...if it's okay I think I should get a place where I'm secluded from everyone. You know how I get with too many people under the same roof."

She scoffed playfully, "Don't I know it."

You giggle as she only grins at you, sighing, "Well that means finding you a room to rent at Granny's Bed & Breakfast-!"

"Sorry," an old woman who certainly played the granny role came up from behind the counter, "But I'm booked with rooms."

"Really, how?" Emma leans her arm over the counter, suspicious and shocked.