Prologue

You've been attending Ouran Academy for over a year and are in your second year of high school. You were a member of the Classical Music Club before you got an offer to join and get paid to play for the famous Host Club.

Your first trip into Music Room #3 was to find a place to practice and study when you first met the boys. You were understandably mortified at discovering that a group of egotistical young men who have too much time on their hands are running a business to serve naive rich girls who also have too much time on their hands. It was stupid to you at first, but the money definitely sang a tune you couldn't ignore.

It was originally Tamaki's idea to have you play since he was impressed with your talent after you demonstrated your abilities, and being a brilliant pianist himself, it was a nice compliment. Kyoya was the one to budget the money so you could get paid handsomely for your services.

It all works out quite well for you in the end because you got to quit your "commoner" day job, playing at the Host Club gives you practice, you get money, and actually have more time to study.

You attend the school on an academic and musical scholarship, so you're fulfilling both aspects in a timely manner. The best part is not wearing that awful yellow dress. Instead, you wear the boys' uniform with a skirt or black pants. It's thanks to your boys that you get the exception since the club needs to have matching outfits for good business.

Growing up, you had a dreary childhood. Your mother died when you were born and your father was undergoing and drowing in a deep depression. He finally lost himself in his sadness and committed suicide when you were thirteen, but you were taken in and adopted by a distant family friend--the Fujiokas. You've been living with Ryoji Fujioka and his daughter, Haruhi, for four years now.

You found out you and Haruhi had a lot in common and wanted to go to the same school. Good thing you're a year older because only one scholarship student is accepted each year. Haruhi was actually looking for you when she stumbled into the Host Club and broke that very expensive vase. She's been masquerading as a boy to pay off her debt and you're genuinely happy that she is in the club with you.

You didn't talk much about the Host Club at home, except when Haruhi would ask when you got back so late looking absolutely annoyed and exhausted. She got to learn the true experience first-hand during these last two months of being a member. It didn't take long for her to understand your suffering.

One of your greatest memories was watching your friends slowly realize Haruhi's biological gender. You knew Kyoya would figure it out first, but you got to reveal that you're technically Haruhi's sister. With that title, you also get the esteemed honor of scolding Tamaki when he gets too close for comfort.

Although piano is your passion and hobby, your true aspiration is to become a doctor. You know Haruhi wants to study and be a lawyer to follow in her mother's footsteps, but your main goal is to help people relieve their pain. Ironically, you also take karate lessons with Mitsukuni Haninozuka or "Honey" and Takashi Morinozuka or "Mori" at their family's dojo once a week to blow off steam and learn some self-defense skills.

You like to be well-rounded with your friends in different aspects, so you often inquire Hikaru and Kaoru Hitachiin about their fashion viewpoints. Lastly, there's the enigmatic Kyoya Ootori. It's hard to have something in common with him, but you just go off of each others' high intellect.

Kyoya is one of those people who you're easily annoyed with and you're sure the only reason he associates with you at all is because your piano playing has brought in many higher class and higher paying customers. It doesn't bother you, but you wish he didn't try to hide his intentions so fiercely.

You have the rest of this year and one more before graduating and proceeding to college. The high school experience so far has been anything but boring and you're not sure what the fate of each day holds. You have the craziest friends, maybe a little frenemy rivalry, and a secret you have to keep from the school for Haruhi's sake.

You're not sure what the rest of the school year's antics will be filled with or what horrendous activities you'll get dragged into against your will, but you know that whatever happens, the Ouran High School Host Club will find a way to further lower your IQ.