Chapter 15: Destroy to Protect

Just wanted to say thank you so much to Lottie who got me to finish this by staying up late with me <3 Thank you so much for putting up with me :) Its your turn now! Xxx

*********************************************************************************************************

Bree

I wake up and my head hurts so much I moan.

"Shhh shhh shhh." I hear Rega whisper in my ear, "Drink this."

I expect a pill or vile smelling juice, then I taste the water and herbs and think. Oooh thats right, witch.

"Stay down till you feel warm," Rega says then moves away. 

Soon I feel more than warm, I feel really hot and I open my eyes to go find some water. Only to find Kai sitting at my bedside table with a glass at hand.

"Hello." he says handing me the cup which I guzzle down, he looks bad with a busted up eye and a broken arm in a sling.

"Ouch." I say eyeing at him.

"You look better than I do," he smiles, "and what do you expect? No prince comes back perfect after going after his princess."

I sigh I like Kai, but Kade...

"Kai I-" I start to apologize.

"Shhhhh," he says putting a finger to my lips, "I can wait, Im very patient."

I smile at him and he gets up and gives me a one armed hug, I expected it to be awkward, but my arms fit around his waist perfectly and even while I'm still sitting with my legs hanging off the bed my head finds the perfect place on his chest and he sighs. He kisses the top of my head and I hear him whisper softly, "My princess."

Rega chooses this moment to rush in, "Kai! Its the witches council! They want Bree to go to school with me! Witches school!" 

Kai untangles himself from me, "Ah shit!"