Chapter 12: Waking up hurts

When I wake up my head hurts, i cough and my throat hurts. More importantly the cough echoes around me and I hear dripping water. Where am I? Oh my- Kade is dead...Derek has me. No one knows! Oh crap, what have I done? What do I do? 

Wait wait wait, breath calm down. I have ropes on my ankles and wrists and I'm sitting against a wall. Im hungry and my face hurts. Right he punched me. Jerk. Focus! Im in a cave, because the wall behind me is definitely not brick and far into the distance I see a small circle of light. 

I jiggle my wrists like mad, but they don't budge.

"Dont struggle, its pointless." I hear a boys voice from my left, I turn to look but I can barley see two feet away from my face in the dark never mind from as far away as the voice. But there is a problem I know that voice really well. Really Really well. Oh no. I don't want to know this. I snuggle like a child against the wall. No no no...

"Hey Sis." Says Liam, my brother.

***

Rega

"Pick up the phone Kai!" I tap my stiletto heel against the floor in panic and frustration, "Pick. The. Effing. Phone!" I hiss as the phone goes to voice mail again. "Fine, we do it the hard way." 

Im wearing my jeans and a red top that definitely hugs my curves well even without the stiletto boots this would be a killer outfit and I was in a killer mood. For some frikking reason I had a dream last night. A true dream, some idiotic pain in the ass vampire had taken Bree to some weird waterfall in the middle of some oddly named bloody nature reserve! And since she was a witch I had to help her. Stupid frikking witches rule. 

I grabbed my keys and drove to the school were Kai was starting today and strutted into the office. 

The studious receptionist eyed me up and down, "Yes? How could I help you?"

"I need you to get me Kai Westward"

"May I ask the reason?" 

This was pay back time, "Well he left something at home." 

*** 

Kai

"Students please pay attention," a friendly voice sounded over the speaker inserted into every class,"Would Kai Westward please come to the office. His mother is here."

The next thing I know the sugary sweet voice of Rega fills the speakers, she sounds like a concerned mother," Honey-bunch, you left your second pair of underwear at home! I hope you didnt leak sugar!"

The speaker shuts off and for a few seconds theres quiet and then laughter. Im fifty years old and yet I still feel embarrassment. I grab my book bag and head outside. If its a fight this cow wants then she's about to get it. 

I walk through the hallways knowing that every one in the entire school heard that, it makes my blood fizzle. 

"Oh my baby! "Rega runs to me as I reach the school office and gives me a nose stinging hug, "Bree is in trouble. You will listen to me if you want her alive." she whispers in my ear. 

I'm sure my eyes grew to the size of plates.

"I'm going to take him home, I can smell he leaked." Rega still has one arm around me, even if she was short her heels gave her enough hight, "Bye now!" she called not giving the receptionist time to reply.

"This better be good." I grumble as we get into the car. 

"It is, dam I'm glad I have a 4x4, because I think we are going to go deep into the bush." she gets something from the back seat and throws it at me. Its a map of a game reserve Natures Paradise. Find any caves in that place they have to be close to a waterfall."

"Explain." I say already opening the map. I know how witches are about other witches and since Bree's a witch Rega will save her no matter what.

***

Bree

"Seriously, stop struggling." my brother tells me this periodically ever five minutes or so, I cant be sure because I have no idea what the time is.

"I tell you what, you let me go and I just might stop." I gave up the crying and asking why he's doing this to me after he told me he would brake my leg if I asked anymore. Im now cocky and really pissed. 

"No way, Bray. Sorry sis. I can't have you alive, you would have killed me and its not only me. You would have killed Derek too and he's our uncle so I'm like a family hero." Liam is a couple meters away from me by the sound of his voice. He hasn't been making sense since I woke up. He only repeats that he's a hero and Derek is our uncle, but since he's about my age I would say its highly unlikely. 

After a long time we hear a grunt and a muffled scream and then Derek's voice booms through the cave, "Put on a bloody torch on, Liam! I cant see a dam thing my eyes aren't used to it!" funny since my eyes are used to it and I can still barley see half a meter in front of me. Probably less.

Liam grunts and strikes a match finally lighting the area we'r in.

Im right we'r in a very small cave, but the entrance is around a bend so I couldn't have seen the exit. We'r in a small round section. Derek comes around the corner dragging a gaged and tied girl, she looks about my age,"Brigitta!?" I gasp as I recognize the brown hair and expressive hazel eyes. 

"Yes," Derek sneers and drops her so that her head knocks against the floor as he looks at her, her eyes are huge and she looks at me with a terrified expression, "you did this Braelyn Vicks. She heard your screaming for help and now look. What to do with you?" he mused as he kicked her in the stomach, she winces.

"Give her to me, please!" Liam begs from against the other wall licking his lips.

"Oh all right, as long as I get your sister." Derek motions with his hand and Liam jumps up like a starved child and attaches his mouth to Brigitta's neck. She screams, but its muffled. Then she starts to cry slowly she stops struggling, but shes still alive I can see it. 

"W-what is he doing!?" I shout, "Stop! Stop!" I struggle with renewed energy by this time my wrists are raw and sore.

"Isn't it obvious?"Derek looks at his watch, "I really wasn't planning on telling you this, but we do have time to kill," he laughs at his morbid pun, "get it? Kill. I crack myself up."