Chapter 14: Winning choices

Bree

Kai tackled Derek while the wolf attacked Liam, both fights were even. You could see Derek still had a advantage he was some how getting in a few punches of his own that actually struck home while Kai was behind. One in every ten of his would hit Derek. Kai's face was already looking bad. 

The wolf was winning though I could see it. It had Liam pinned to the ground in seconds where it knocked him out with a swipe of its paw.

Bree, its Rega I dont have time to do this I have to go. I'll be back though. Remember what happened with Kai in the shop? He made your arm better so fast? It wasent him it was you. Think of fire this time, Bree. Make it hurt Derek. Stop him!

Regas mind voice was weak and breathless. She used a paw to swipe the ropes off my hands and legs and I gasped at the sudden pain that the blood running back into my fingers caused. 

Hurry Bree!

Right! I looked over at Kai. He was loosing, blood trickled down his face and he looked weak. One leg was bent at a odd angle.

I thought of fire, but it was really hard. I couldn't keep my mind on it, Kade's face kept comming up. Then Liam, Kai and Rega. 

Focus child.

I cocked my head to one side, Rega?

No my one, focus. See flames, see the destruction, see the renewal they bring. They don't just destroy they clean. Remember that, use that to protect you and your...friends. Now think of when it destroys, it hurts. Think of that and remember to protect you and your friends!

I listen to the mystery voice, because it sounds so old and loving. And then it hurts, everything hurts. My eyes, arms and legs. I close my eyes against the pain. I know why its here, Im trying to protect and destroy at the same time. Two opposites cant feed off the same energy. I let go on one side, a bit. I don't know what side it is, but it still hurts and then theres nothing. No pain, no anger, just black. And Im so happy, I embrace it.