24

We were all set. We called the others down, and had it not been for Val, we may have never left. We were all staring at our significant other in awe and love.

"You all look very nice, but it is time to go. So shoo shoo." We laughed as she shooed us out. Me and Ethan kissed Nick as my old man held him. He reached for us and giggled. He said we would be home late, and Alastor told us not to worry. That we deserved a good night out and to enjoy our youth. Jenny shouted 'hell yeah' as they high fived. We all got into the limo and talked as we made our way into the restaurant. Everyone was dressed in fancy clothing. Ethan even took Mickey to get his first fitted suit. It made him look like the mature and handsome eighteen year old he still doesn't believe that he is.

"Mr. McClain-Kingman? We have arrived." The driver stopped at the restaurant, a quiet Italian bistro. We got out and made our way inside. I could already see everyone staring at us. I heard Freddy telling Izzy to calm down. For some reason she was starting to hate people staring at her for too long. He kissed her hand, and told her she looked beautiful. Which she did, they all looked amazing.

"Your table. Can I start any of you with a drink?" We all placed our orders, and continued to talk amongst ourselves. We were all having a good time, until I heard two waiters talking close by.

"Dude, those two chicks are hot as fuck." Really? Are the big muscular guys sitting around them invisible. Did we magically pull a freaking Houdini or something?;

"Yeah. But what about the fags at the table? I hate seeing faggots being all over each other." I looked up to a nerves Mickey, and I think I heard something snap? My sanity maybe? Or was that everyone else's sitting at our table?

"I know man. They need to keep their asses in the fucking closet." They started laughing, thinking no one heard them. I bawled my fist, and bit my tongue. But by the looks on the other's faces, they were doing it too. My main worry was Mickey. He looked like he was scared. He was turning so pale.  James noticed too, and held his hand. It seemed to calm him down, but those jackasses had to open their mouths again. "Disgusting faggots." Before any of us could say anything, another costumer stepped up for us.

"The only disgusting thing here is you two simple closed minded idiots. These people have done nothing to you, but you still run your mouth. How about you do everyone here a favor and shut it, before someone shuts it for you. Because just by lookin at them, they can easily kick your asses." Everyone clapped as they went to the kitchen with their tails between their legs. We thanked the woman for her supports, and spoke to the manager about the whole thing. The rest of us were fine after a while, but I knew that this had greatly affected Mickey. I just hope it won't effect his and James' relationship.
______________________________________

Mickey

That was one of the most uncomfortable and frightening things I have ever experienced, and I've been in a coma. How do people have so much hatred in them? My hands were still shaking under the table.

"Michael?" I snapped out of my thoughts once I felt James' warm hand on top of mine. His face showed just how worried he was. It made me even more sad knowing I was the reason he was worrying. This day is supposed to be fun. After making him stress to plan this, I'm ruining it by mopping about what some jerks said. "Are you okay? Do you feel sick?" I can't make him worry anymore than he already is.

"I-i-i-'m o-o-okay." I smiled, and it seemed to calm him down. He smiled back and we continued our meal. After the meal, we made our way back to the limo, Carter made sure to pay for that lady and her husband's dinner before he left. We rode in the limo for a while, before the scent of salt water started coming into the limo. Me and the girls were confused as we pulled up to an empty beach. But then we saw Freddy and Marcus race on the sand to see who would start the fire. Freddy cheated by jumping on Marcus, causing them to fall to the sand. But he was quick to get up and make it to the pile of dry wood in a pit.

"I win! Eat sand bitch!" He did an evil laugh as he started the fire. He received a smack from Izzy, and a glare from Jenny. But he just apologized and shrugged it off. We all laughed as we sat around the fire. Carter pulled out some marshmallows, chocolate and crackers. We ate the most amazing things ever, that I found out are called s'mores. I never got the chance to eat them when I was a kid, I missed out.

"Babe slow down. You're covered in chocolate!" James laughed as he wiped my face. I looked to my family, around the fire. Carter and Ethan, Jenny and Marcus, Freddy and Izzy, and my James. Aside from my brother, the others barely know me. James only spoke to me a few times before we got together, but he said he fell in love with me the moment he saw me. And since then, he hasn't given me a reason not to believe him. All of them, have given me so much in such a short time. They all mean so much to me. I got off the log, and fell to my knees. "Michael!" They tried to reach for me, but I pushed their hands away. I want to do this by myself. I struggled to get on my feet. I felt like a child learning to walk, but that's fine. I remembered the words of the instructor in my head. Picture the thing you want to reach. My thing, is my family, my loved ones, my James. I watched as he started getting closer. It wasn't until I felt his tears, the warmth of his hands on my hips, and the sweetness of his lips that I understood what happened.

"Mickey, you did it! You walked!" I heard my brother's voice, but I didn't lose my focus from the man in front of me. His tears, a sign he worries about me. The quiver to his voice, proof he cared, and his smile, a seal that says 'I love you'.

"I-i-i-i l-l-l-l-love you!" He held me in his harms so tight, I heard my back crack. I turned to the others, and hugged each of them. "A-a-all of y-y-you." I don't care if others thinks it's weird or wrong. I can go to hell for all I care. I love this man, I love this family. I'm not afraid, because I know they are by my side. "H-h-happy v-v-v-Valentine's day."

The night ended peacefully after that. We watched the sun rise together, and watched Freddy and James get chased by seagulls. I think me and Izzy were the ones laughing the hardest as we watched them. After Carter helped them scare the birds away, we cleaned up and made our way back to the limo. We all passed out from having been up all night. This is definitely a night I won't ever forget.